IGNORED

Autechre @ Royal Festival Hall

Soloman Tump

Probably deserves its own thread as well.

I've booked the day off work, planning to wander around Londinium for the day and do some museums and browse some record shops.

Anyone up for pre-gig drinks  / food / has other ideas for topkek stuff to do, i'm all ears.

Also.... considering options for an afterparty!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this email yesterday. Getting stoked!

Dear ,

Thank you for booking for Autechre on Friday 25 November 2016 at 7:30pm

Please note that the Royal Festival Hall auditorium will be in complete darkness for the duration of the concert. 

There will be no latecomers once the performance has started and due to the nature of the concert you may not be readmitted once you exit.

Staff will be at hand if you need to exit the auditorium. Full details of this process will be available on arrival. 

I'm going to be honest with you I'm pretty fucking gutted I couldn't afford a ticket to this at the time. I think is gonna be an incredible experience.

If you know somebody who wants to sell a ticket (seeing as there is zilch on ebay, which is pretty odd) or know if any more tickets are going to be released then please let me know.

Got this email yesterday. Getting stoked!

Dear ,

Thank you for booking for Autechre on Friday 25 November 2016 at 7:30pm

Please note that the Royal Festival Hall auditorium will be in complete darkness for the duration of the concert. 

There will be no latecomers once the performance has started and due to the nature of the concert you may not be readmitted once you exit.

Staff will be at hand if you need to exit the auditorium. Full details of this process will be available on arrival. 

:catnope:

Yeah getting pretty stoked for this, closest I've seen them to *complete* darkness was untilted tour at SE1 and it definitely adds something (other times there were bar lights, exit signs, crusty jugglers etc brightening things up a bit).

Plus RFH bar does many nice beers that will keep me busy during Russell Haswell's set.

Wow, i've just seen a picture of this venue, you guys gonna have a blast !

I'm sure sound will be immense and you will feel the magic of every wave.

Anyone wants to record that historic moment ? :)

Total darkness was one of the things I was hoping for and sadly missing from the Brixton gig, kinda spoiled it for me, so I hope everyone has an awesome time. 

yeh this sounds like it will be amazing, and yeh total darkness is difficult to achieve imo, at least around here you get into big trouble if you cover up the emergency exit signs which are bright af e.g. in cinemas

damn - the venue looks ultra idm. jealous of everybody that is going to this.

whatson-rfhmontage2.jpg

I could never sit still during an Ae set, NEVER !!!

and the venue looks epic, love the sharp shapes very ae like

Fuck yea, front row as well.

So is it thought that it's gonna be a new set for this tour or no? I'm sure they said in that resident advisor interview that they were back working on live sets but i guess that could just mean improving the one from last year. If it's a completely new hour.... :cerious:  :cerious:  :cerious:

I assumed it's a new tour so new beats and synth.

yeh I'd assume that the ae_live releases kind of concluded that tour material and this is entirely fresh

This is good news

yeh I'd assume that the ae_live releases kind of concluded that tour material and this is entirely fresh

Yeah. It will be totally new. They said it in the RA interview: https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2756

What are you working on at the moment? 

Sean Booth: Live stuff. The next batch of live sets that we're going to be doing at the end of the year. Furiously working on that. It's one of them where even if I did get it done in a couple of months, I'd still keep on messing around with it for the remaining time, 'cause... you just do. 

Rob Brown: Same here. It's quite kaleidoscopic really, 'cause you're learning as you're working with this sort of work. I don't really retain much of it, to be fair, compared to Sean [laughs]. But you do find things being picked up, and even at my old age, learning stuff is amazing. Finding stuff that reveals itself to you over months of work, especially when you go back to alter or refine stuff. 

Sean Booth: You pick up bugs that I miss, too, mind, Rob. 

damn - the venue looks ultra idm. jealous of everybody that is going to this.

image.jpg

I could never sit still during an Ae set, NEVER !!!

and the venue looks epic, love the sharp shapes very ae like

Archived