IGNORED

Autechre @ Royal Festival Hall

Soloman Tump

damn - the venue looks ultra idm. jealous of everybody that is going to this.

image.jpg

I could never sit still during an Ae set, NEVER !!!

and the venue looks epic, love the sharp shapes very ae like

lol!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a ticket to this. But it turns out we are going to visit my wife's family in Abu Dhabi for the whole of the UK leg of the tour so I have to wait another two years or so for the next tour.  :catcry:

I finally signed up to watmm just so I could share my pain.

I hope they release the soundboard. Pls.

• 3 weeks later...

fuck i'm so excited 

so am I mate, I don't get so much excited about new music nowadays as I've pretty much seen and heard it all before (I'm just north of 40), unless I have some revelationary moment that gets me into classical music, opera or bluegrass all great surprises are over for me (though this is not out of the question!). I think really as I stand right now, this evening and seeing BoC live are some of the last few unconquered peaks for me.

the fact I've got to get up at 4am tomorrow for work does not phase me in the slightest (I haven't left the house on a friday night if I'm working on saturday for a decade!) this mission needs to be done. and I can't fucking wait :music:

Christ, front row may've been a bad idea.

Maddocks is currently vibrating my cranium, teeth and kidneys

Wait spiral are you centre front row? Cause if so that's me just to your right, sup

pretty good. very pretty good.

haswell was funny, was sat in the front row for that so was glad for the earplugs (my entire body was reverberating, was very very loud), some of it was silly nonsense (like his track titled: I hate most music), but other bits were really good (like the one called 'constitution'). he gave out to sprill for sneezing at one point, ssshhh. lol. 

had to move back a few rows for the autechre bit, they were amazing, the lights out gimmick worked well. the music was quite all over the place, lots of endlessly mutating textural stuff, but also about three really epic tracks, with some great beats and wonderful big synth tones. the sound was absolutely massive at times. the 'cathedral' bit was particularly amazing, also the one that sounded almost like a generic dance floor banger, but with parkinson's disease.

was good to meet up with Spiral and Sprillian too. 

Just got back. It was really amazing. I was front row and the sound there was just immense. I don't think i've ever heard music that loud before. The kick drums were like having the wind knocked out of you, incredibly sharp and crisp but not unpleasant at all. The whole thing was like some huge physical object morphing and warping around the room. I was expecting the set to be a lot more ambient from the things i'd read on here but i'd say it was probably about 80% beats. Absolutely brutal, relentless beats at that, but some really beautiful moments throughout as well.

I really dunno how they do it, some of the most alien sounds i've ever heard. There's nothing like it.

Also here's a reaction shot from about twenty mins in:

37232.png

Yep, wonderful. Still processing what we experienced, would love to listen to it again as I'm sure there's loads going on. Some great intense peaks, but I loved some of the more evolving stuff too. Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived