IGNORED

Autechre @ Conne Island Leipzig Nov 21 2016

anyone going..?

looking for a ride for 2 persons to go back to Berlin after the gig, or a place to crash until next morning - not sure how to spend the night in Leipzig on a Monday night in November...

was too late for berlin myself - crazy how quick they sold out - so i'm going to drive to leipzig and back. happy to take you with me if you still need a ride!

omg yes that would be perfect! It's my girlfriend and me, current plan is to get an airbnb and stay the night but if you have two seats in your car we'd be happy to come with you. Will pay gas of course.

• 1 month later...

I'll be there too. But didn't think about watmm till now heh. PM if you read that? I'll leave home in about 20 minutes but I can send my number with a PM before.

my phone is not an intelligent one so I couldn't see your messages guys, schade! would have enjoy a beer and a little debriefing with some watmmers... next time!

this was great. first time I saw them live, amazing. I didn't got into the elseqz as much as the two previous releases (not talking about the live ones) but what I heard tonight made me think they're elaborating on the 2015 live releases + eleseq and it was a real brain fuck. my body loved it too. pinnacle for me: the series of the three tracks "funny one with pretty fast percussive melodic sounds" + "dancefloor one with the fat ae bass hits" + "IN YOUR FACE noisy chords / silence". I regret they didn't throw out something in the taste of acdwn2 from elseq4 near the end but I'm being unfair.

I just know the four first live releases so now I want to hear the other ones.

Maxwell I might have stand just next to you slightly behind (1m80+ dark haired guy with curly hair, not the one with the finger in his ears during the whole modular show but the one with the ear plugs ^^).

I'll check watmm sooner next time something similar happens in leipzig (or berlin if it's aphex or autechre again ;-)

:beer:

yea just killer. what insane music this is! Fucking glad my girlfriend who doesn't know much ae enjoyed it too. She had some serious warped lucid dreaming space heroine thing going. Actually said it was the best concert she went to.

Haswell played much longer than in Berlin. Before seeing him on this tour didn't think of him much but he's fkn ace.

Maddocks killing it as well.. esp right before ae came on, pretty intense stuff. Asked him a afterwards what it was and he didn't remember lol

wow, what a great show! 

serious 3-D experience, felt like witnessing a transformer transforming... and transforming...and transforming 

blew me away, such a huge difference to be there in the physicality of the sound.

sculptures in the dark ;)

haha nice, gotta love dat passage:

"Aside from the music—which was widely considered to be particularly good on this tour—the most fun part of Autechre concerts is the crowd's reaction. Rarely, if ever, does such weird music get such an ebullient response. At anything quintessentially Autechre—squishy low-end, slurping rhythms, drum fills that sound like machinery falling down a flight of stairs—people lose their shit. Sounds that can only be described in onomatopoeia—"gjjjrrrr-zzzzsccchllooooorrrphh" and what have you—are received like virtuosic guitar solos, with two-handed whistles and male voices shouting "YEAHHH!" As the music rolls through the darkness, some people fall into a semi-dream state—I spent most of it with my eyes closed, and was surprised to see how far I'd drifted across the dance floor when it was over. Others stay more actively engaged, rocking their shoulders and going for the occasional fist-pump. I had to admire the crew of punks next to me, two girls and a guy, who enjoyed a three-way kiss for the first 20 minutes or so of the set, arm in arm as if in a huddle, wobbling from side to side."

*pumps fist*

Archived