IGNORED

Autechre @ Granada Studios, 26th November

WeAreOceans

^ yeah same. Out of my three it was by far the loudest and had the best sound.

had some acid with my friend, came on during Gamble who was lush, Haswell kicked ass and his RGB strobes were very funky! We giggled like little girls.

Still can't describe ae but damn, fuck black! So good!!!!!!! This time it was easier to be in the music, less zoning out, could follow along much better based on familiarity. It was still absolutely jaw dropping because the sound here made the massive parts pop and punch much harder.

Walked to this rave club afterwards, and it was nice :)

But we ran out of fags/cash so went home. Still trippin like fuck on ae rn tbfh.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in Leeds now - I stupidly forgot that the trains weren't running at this time but the replacement buses luckily were, took me a few hours but here we are lol

So I haven't really been to a proper electronic music concert before and considering the fact that it was Autechre along with three incredible support acts (Obel, you're wrong, HASWELL WAS GREAT) where I ended up talking to a really cool metalhead along with his friends that were totally losing themselves in all the music too, made the whole experience incredibly special for me, and I danced like a mofo (or at least, head-bopped rhythmically most of the time, but to the extreme) with that lil group of people in a corner and it was so cool!

And about the Autechre set, I think it's honestly one of the best things sound design-wise I've heard from them - ESPECIALLY the parts with the hyperkinetic tribal footwork thing with descending scales, the section where the track descends into hip-hop for a brief moment (before the tribal beat part I think) and the huge, heavy as fuck church organ stabs along with the whirling sounds in the back - I'm still pondering on what the hell I just listened to (in the best, most flabbergasted way possible)... jeeeesus

Also the bass absolutely destroyed me, like I could feel all my bones shaking every single time there was a kick (it literally kicks you, you feel every bit of it) - and that sound system was beeeeautiful! Btw sorry I couldn't find you guys at the concert (to be honest Oceans, I think almost everybody was wearing black clothes and wore glasses lol), at least I ended up sharing this experience with others and that really sealed the deal for me, just freaking the fuck out together about Haswell throwing noise everywhere or Autechre blasting the alien church organs and I adored every single second of all of it ;v;

Also picked up a grey Skam tee and VHS Head vinyl, that's also looking very noiiice <3

LOL, we got a taxi straight back, the offer was there :D

Yeah EVERYBODY was wearing black except for me, I had a white overhead thing on. Yeah, truly amazing gig.

(to be honest Oceans, I think almost everybody was wearing black clothes and wore glasses lol)

fuck u talkin about I am a UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE

glad you had a good night anyway dude, I know you've been buzzing about this since it was announced. next time I'll wear something a little more eye catching like a Japanese schoolgirl uniform so WATMMers can seek me like an idm beacon (although was with blackdust above).

anyway just got up and got a pot of coffee in me (how yall so chipper at like 6am yeesh), fucking hell last night was amazing. ae are still pushing boundaries, that sound design was mind melting and the composition was endlessly changing. fucking audio exploration of the apocalypse.

looking forward to soundboards! saw a bloke next to me pull out his recorder at least so hoping we get some decent bootlegs of the night

Maddocks and Gamble were sick too, Haswell I wasn't crazy about it, only part of the night I felt like putting my plugs in for (slightly silly not using them more since my ears are still ringing but eh).

venue was great too, something very idm about it, would like to get to more shows there

fucking top one and sounds like a great end to the tour - this year has been pretty shite but music has been so good

oh and fucking do those glink nights again ya gits

there were moments last night when it felt like i was inside the beats, or they were inside me- smashing my internal organs to a pulp. i felt like my brain was being deleted and reprogrammed to new specifications. 

there were moments last night when it felt like i was inside the beats, or they were inside me- smashing my internal organs to a pulp. i felt like my brain was being deleted and reprogrammed to new specifications.

My mate said the exact same thing mate.

The soundsystem was immense and crystal clear, every detail in focus, and I swear sometimes it felt like surround sound. Autechre got physical last night for sure and I'm still feeling battered...in a good way.

Sent from my EVA-L09

The soundsystem was immense and crystal clear, every detail in focus, and I swear sometimes it felt like surround sound. Autechre got physical last night for sure and I'm still feeling battered...in a good way.

Sent from my EVA-L09

We tried everywhere towards the end, right in front of 1 of those curved main speakers sounded best to me.

We were at mid point 42/42 via the studio lightrigs grid reference. Best sound, best venue, best band = meaning of life!

Those wavey reverb combfilter fx were like nothing I've heard before, kinda like controlling your own psychoacoustics in a conviniently soundproofed flat venue designed for the job.

We were at mid point 42/42 via the studio lightrigs grid reference. Best sound, best venue, best band = meaning of life!

Those wavey reverb combfilter fx were like nothing I've heard before, kinda like controlling your own psychoacoustics in a conviniently soundproofed flat venue designed for the job.

lol idm concert positioning

I was like back middle (slightly to the left I guess), great sound there, was tempted to get further in the crowd but didn't feel like getting jostled about, I wasn't planning on cutting any shapes, just stare and drool towards the front

gah monday blues hitting me hard - think sean and rob would do private performances in exchange for ecig liquid?

Archived