IGNORED

MNLTH - Laser 80

batch

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooh is that this rod whitters tune from youtube?? updated mixdown by the looks.. was a very nice saw1 era vibe, almost prefer the youtube version

EDIT - just read the thread haha.. well nice to know, these songs are killer

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! Organic Analogue are killing it with this and the DJ Guy album.

Hadn't heard the Rod Whitters tracks before so this is all new to me. Certainly the most focused & streamlined MNLTH release for a while. Getting major Artifical Intelligence vibes from these tracks (Polygon Window, Black Dog Productions especially)

Also, the 12" has big runout style gaps between each track with the track names etched onto the vinyl in the space. Don't think I've ever seen this before?

Nifty! Glad I ordered this together with the Other People Place reissue, going to have to wait for it a bit still though! Have to confess it's the first Monolith I bought in years (Ages Sound was the last one) because I was a bit burnt out on the style, but his recent stuff sounds very fresh to my ears again.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, spotted the bandcamp addition too. Hearing Q express in full for the first time :music: Cool that Dave got a permission to release this on his own soundcloud since Organic Analogue's own digital output seems to be zero.

Sweet, got Shortridge and Laser 80 on the same day. Personally Whitters and Garrison stuff were the most interesting finds spawned from the AFX Soundcloud hunt (although IIRC both of those originate actually from their own mysterious Youtube accounts). Aaw, happy days.

• 4 weeks later...

this is such a sexy beast

plays out like a lost gem from the rePhlex catalog, utterly inspired instead of derivative, very fresh and radiant

edit: just wish i coulda picked it up :<

• 4 months later...

Archived