IGNORED

Autechre Live 2016 Bootlegs

o00o

buddies ... I recorded the Italian data (Club To Club, Tourin) from two different locations (a recorder on the right and one on the left, specularly), but the quality seems to be low ... luckily my girlfriend has registered it with her cellphone... the result is not bad... better than my fucking recorders. When I have the 3 recordings to hand, I will post all the material here: the ideal would be to mix the three sources in one file: maybe some of you can do it.

I'll write more about the live sets.

The sublime in music.

Here is 3 different recordings of the Turin date (club to club 4 november 2016)

None of the three recordings is particularly good, however, if two favoring low frequencies, one performs better at high: a mix of the three tracks could lead to an acceptable result (…ok, I’m an optimist…). Two microphones of the same type were located on either side of the stage, right and left, in the opposite position, specularly: it can help for a stereo effect in the hypothetical mix.

On the right of the stage:
On the left of the stage:
Iphone central:

Two words about the show:

Thanks to the Zagreb bootleg (that I'm listening obsessively), most of you already know what is the new set, so I will not go on the individual moments, giving you, rather, some general impressions.

The first thing I noticed is that if in the past liveset (2005/2008), they started from a pretty ordered situation (always in the autechrish conception of order), until they reach a crescendo in paroxysmal chaos, this time the sound born from the bowels of the more abstract Autechre following, slowly (...very slowly: I found some points of contact with Confield and Draft7.30 in the first 30 minutes), a tension towards the form. The end, which is not lacking in his gentle crescendo, offers a kind of "dramatization" really infrequent in AE size, in total contrast to the initial mood.
The electro / breakbeat phase, which it decomposes in a way that have echoes of Gescom, is a parenthesis in itself, a sort of catharsis in the middle of the way, preparing to a return to the abstract, but this time enriched with suggestions dear to Ligeti ( yeahhhh!!!!! ) and wheelies in epic solemnity.
Compared to AE_LIVE (2014/2015), there is a clear intention to expose the other side of AE: on the eruption of epileptic beats and permanent sensorial assault, the new liveset prefers an elusive movement, which requires concentration and mental persistence.
Many melodies, but obscure and hidden...
Often, some openly declared love for Subotnick, Dockstader, Tietchens, Parmegiani, Moebius  and all those Messrs who have made an alchemic art on the sine wave in the past century.

The only real problem with the new set is that there is an end. I was immersed in such depth in a swamp of sounds and memories that when I realized that all was over, it was like I got shot in the head.
An hour is too short for such a profound experience. Don’t leave me in this way, Autechre.

...and now a bit 'of healthy controversy about the Italian date:
  1. the rest of the event was intended for an audience that wants to shake the ass in mdma: when the  Ae have started, a fat girl with a presumptuous and vulgar gaze began to shout:  “A stronzi!! Avete rotto r’cazzo!!!” (“you have broke my dick!, assholes!”). The fact is that the proposal of Ae is so far from everything that happens in these big electronics and pop festival, which inevitably arises a conflict. Only the Sacrum Profanum of Krakow could integrate them with the rest of the program. For the rest, Ae have to play alone.
  2. The lights have only been lowered but was kept a pathetic diffused bluish light that would allow to see everything well. Italy, for cultural formation, is not capable of radical choices.
  3. The sound system was good, but just frontal: no 3D ... :(
  4. Raise that fucking volume god damned!!!!!!  :catrage:

So

here's a real quick n dirty stereo mix of the three files AE35unit graciously posted above.

It begins in mono.. around the one minute mark the full stereo mix jarringly barges in. All of the low end is in the left and right files and virtually none in the center phone recording..that sounded a bit strange to me so I took a mono sum of the L and R files for low end and crossed over around 130 Hz.....other than that I applied no EQ or compression..

It's FAR from perfect...i don't claim to be a re-mastering expert and I just did this for fun. Thank you AE35unit for sharing!

Nice recording, Very good work!:)

Having said that though this set is crying out for a soundboard. Really hope they get a recording they are happy with. Think the chances are good they will but trying not to get my hopes up too much incase they don't!

i listened to a dozen or more little instagram captures f various shows and it's really quite stunning how deep this set is. #autechre on instagram and all kinds of stuff comes up but there's tons of recent short videos.. all pitch black of course.. of short snippets of the set.  there's a lot of amazing stuff going on. 

can't wait for the soundboards of this set.. i hope they're satisfied enough w/the recordings they make because i really want to hear meany versions!

so stoked. 

Very cool...thank you AE35unit!. I appreciate the comments and personal observations as well... hoping this set is brought to North America...

So

here's a real quick n dirty stereo mix of the three files AE35unit graciously posted above.

It begins in mono.. around the one minute mark the full stereo mix jarringly barges in. All of the low end is in the left and right files and virtually none in the center phone recording..that sounded a bit strange to me so I took a mono sum of the L and R files for low end and crossed over around 130 Hz.....other than that I applied no EQ or compression..

It's FAR from perfect...i don't claim to be a re-mastering expert and I just did this for fun. Thank you AE35unit for sharing!

Yeahh!! Monoppus, you did a great job!

Given the poor quality of my source files, I could not have hoped for anything better. The mix has acquired spatiality and the sounds are immersed in a dimension that could be that of sunn o))) remixing Autechre.

It amuses me to hear at the beginning of the set, my friend Michela (enrolled for the left recording) that complains about too much light (like everyone else, she hoped in vain in total darkness), but at the same time cursing because she can not see if the rec was on.

However, I don't have the opportunity, now, to take a plane and go see them again, and depresses me the idea of not being able to go back to that pitch of ecstatic sounds (...but I personally believe that, after the tour, thy will announce other dates. .. what sense would organize a similar composition, to play it only one month of their life?), if  they decide not to publish the results, these few bootlegs will be the only fossil traces to which we cling.

Thank you again Momoppus!

Thanks bootleggers! I can't make any dates of this tour (tho I had tix to rfh...just...can't...) so I feel justified in listening. I so hope they do put out some sound boards like they say in that Slovenian radio interview.

Pls

Hi folks,

my first post here. I recorded the first set in Tourcoing and just want to share with you guys. Pretty bad quality, just for completion:

https://soundcloud.com/hsrnilzn/sets 

If you wish to download, just let me know.

Additional information:

The set came up in two parts - they finished after about 45 minutes and came back on stage to give a bonus reaction and played for another 15 minutes  :happy: