IGNORED

Autechre Live 2016 Bootlegs

o00o

Autechre @ Tavastia, Helsinki FIN, 15.11.2016

I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, but aside from that insane beat around 30 min or so, I'm not really feeling this. hoping because it's new and impenetrable on the surface. hopefully a soundboard or two would change that.

or ya know, come back to New York fellas

while helsinki is probably my fav bootleg i heard so far: don't be fooled, these recordings don't do the music justice at all! it might not have the same funky and narrative qualities for home listening as the 14/15 set, it's more of a "sound experience" best served LOUD. they were also playing around with aural illusions completely lost in these documents... anyway just sayn. curious how and if soundboards will work this time, also which ones they'll choose...

besides the obvious (organ stabs, 33_crunchybeat) another standout moment would be around 15 min in, those floaty women choir pads with squishy snares on top... mmmh!

I was yesterday in Nijmegen, standing between 2 guys who where recording. And during the set they threw the one with the best recording device out the room... :(

The cliche about loud Dutch people remains to be true sadly enough as well.

oslo/zagreb/berlin/helsinki on repeat... scratch any doubts i might've insinuated about home listening compatibility. now my only concern is if it'll take em equally long to decide which to soundboard as last time...

loving this shit! perfect for zoning in as well as out imo.

I was yesterday in Nijmegen, standing between 2 guys who where recording. And during the set they threw the one with the best recording device out the room... :(

The cliche about loud Dutch people remains to be true sadly enough as well.

Oh man, i could cry the whole day  :sad:  ...I had to pickup the recorder after the show and missed the last 15 min. though. Me stupid, was pretty obvious afterwards. Next time i have to tape the LED's  :wink:

you think these gigs sound good in recordings, try seeing them IRL! holy shit, blew my head off.

go see them

Most definitely.

I really hope they come back to the US soon...

And here's another one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2rMosqXUE

nice recording. best so far? really great set/recording. thanks for posting!

Just got around to cracking open Oslo...holy spit.

thanks very much! Well this one needs EQing...

think I like jaderpansen's Berlin recording the most tbqh. This may be bias from having been there but it seems to me that it's the dankest and largest sounding set... It sounded that dirty on location, likely from room reverb and maybe they had the system overdriven a bit (maddock's set in Berlin was pretty distorted.. ae's maybe slightly)

I started hearing organish stuff not entirely dissimilar from Messaien stuff on elseq (Latentcall, Oneum)

but there is a flat out awesome sequence on a few of the sets (Helsinski @45:40) that outright reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPQC4ET9yk

Edited by PlatrixECV

I started hearing organish stuff not entirely dissimilar from Messaien stuff on elseq (Latentcall, Oneum)

but there is a flat out awesome sequence on a few of the sets (Helsinski @45:40) that outright reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPQC4ET9yk

Nice catch (Messiaen similarity on the whole), would be surpised if it's direct influence, it won't hurt if so. Messiaen has some far far away shit.

Not that I've seen...

And again, thank you to everyone here at WATMM who has made the effort to record and share shows. I know it's nothing compared to actually being there, but the lot of us who couldn't make it definitely appreciate it.

Brighton Concorde 2, 25/11/16

Zoom H4n, built-in x-y mics,

48KHz, 24Bit WAV

No tampering or post production.

Please don't re-post on YouTube or elsewhere, this is for watmm.

Enjoy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an80ak8jvkck0mg/AE.CONCORDE2.BRIGHTON.23.11.16.wav?dl=0

wow best recording BY FAR !!! WOW