IGNORED

pls

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0:00 - Andy Maddocks

3:53 - Russel Haswell

7:06 - Autechre

When I was recording Ae I was trying to keep the light down by holding my phone close to my chest and holding my shirt in front of it, so the sound could be a little muffled.

I also wish I had recorded the guy who, during the Russell Haswell gig, gave a thumbs down and yelled "Booh!" :emotawesomepm9: 

And said the typical "wa was da veur iet gast" (what the hell was that, man) phrase

Damn normies, what are you doing at an Ae show :catrage:

I also wish I had recorded the guy who, during the Russell Haswell gig, gave a thumbs down and yelled "Booh!" :emotawesomepm9: 

And said the typical "wa was da veur iet gast" (what the hell was that, man) phrase

Damn normies, what are you doing at an Ae show :catrage:

Yeah exactly.. so fucking disrespectful! typically that guy whos is stumbling across electronic music on youtube and just dislikes everything.

Go to Avicii concerts and shut up.  :dry: 

Can't believe we don't have a full recording yet...

i'm starting to fear that this is going to be like the quaristice tour, which was the mother of all AE live sets and yet hardly any recordings exist. why? ...because the untilted tour was so extensively bootlegged people thought "eh... no need to make a recording someone else will do it". probably people thinking the same thing now, or maybe thinking AE will just release soundboards of these sets anyway.

...but there is no guarantee they will ever release these sets! they still haven't released the american leg of their last tour. those AE_LIVE soundboards might have been a one time thing never to be repeated. who knows? so please fire up those recorders for us american peeps!

+ thanks for that youtube, triachus! Andy Maddocks sounds awesome! the AE stuff was surprisingly mellow. a lot of space. very jammy. reminded me of early Zoviet France. :music:

SPOILER ALERT : I was surprised by the slow starter of the set (Tourcoing, first night of the tour) and delighted that the whole set was new (but i didnt heard any US tour bootlegs ; were they different from the AE_LIVE tracks ?). By my own (ultra mega die hard Ae fan) standards, this whole new set was sublime, dark, creepy (those ligeti strings uppon heavy beats) and pretty abstract and slow at the beguining, more upbeat at the end, with a track reminding me of an recent aphex acid tune. At the end of the set, they turned off & unplugged their laptop but the crowd screamed so loud for more that we got an encore ! I didnt know Ae were playing encores actually but they brought back the laptops (by then, the crowd turned in a "winning the world cup" mode) and strangely the encore set (starting with some twisted gamelan [?] ) seemed more accessible and less difficult than the main set. They often looked at each other during that last "track", like they more improvising with a last minute addition to their AE ONE SIX tour set, i dont know... Anyway, really really glad i was at this killer gig. 

Ah k h o v that sounds great! The clips I've heard so far are interesting, and your description tickles my pickle, sounds like a really memorable experience, encore especially! Jealous of you lucky Euro birds.

When I was recording Ae I was trying to keep the light down by holding my phone close to my chest and holding my shirt in front of it, so the sound could be a little muffled.

The AE sounds intriguing for sure, sounds like some elseq influence just in style of presentation...kinda long and noodly passages, almost more focused on 'sound design' than they've ever been, but this seems to be better executed with an intent to keep things moving and evolving instead of running out the same idea for 10 minutes. Seems like it could be amazing as a full one hour experience/album, but the clips I've heard so far don't give much scope of course...

But okay so I really liked the Andy Maddocks stuff there at the beginning. Does he have anything out that is similar to that?

The AE sounds intriguing for sure, sounds like some elseq influence just in style of presentation...kinda long and noodly passages, almost more focused on 'sound design' than they've ever been, but this seems to be better executed with an intent to keep things moving and evolving instead of running out the same idea for 10 minutes. Seems like it could be amazing as a full one hour experience/album, but the clips I've heard so far don't give much scope of course...

But okay so I really liked the Andy Maddocks stuff there at the beginning. Does he have anything out that is similar to that?

Those last 4-5 minutes were made during the end of the gig when things were coming to a halt. They stopped about a minute after I stopped recording. Seems I decided to record during mellow parts lol. There were a few heavy bits where I was freaking so hard I didnt give a shit about recording it or not, which is the way it should be I guess.

Yeah Andy Maddocks was good. I dont know whose tracks he has been playing. Maybe some Gescom, but I'm not too familiar with them *shame*. One of the clips I recorded got flagged with a copyright claim, for this track:

There were definitely some great tracks in his set, wouldnt mind a tracklist

Yeah Andy Maddocks was great, i tried to shazzam a few tracks of his set (with no results). The funny bit with the Ae encore is that i swore to my exhausted girlfriend (who never heard any Autechre prior to that gig..) that they never played any encore and BANG they played an encore that night ah ah. 

Archived