IGNORED

1991 - No More Dreams

fumi

this one slipped under my radar, but the s/t was great, gotta look into this

Edited by ghOsty

he's been posting unreleased stuff on tumblr - ive archived as much as I can

still kicking myself for not ripping / downloading a handful of YT videos he's since deleted

one was a movie scene of a guy looking at a tv with fuzz and the other was a woman on a float in the ocean, both 90s era footage

• 10 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 12:55 AM, Taupe Beats said:

No More Dreams 03 is one of my favorite records from last year. No nonsense really good hard techno.

many thanks for this, excellence...

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 12:20 PM, Upset man said:

am i wrong in saying nobody else doing this kind of thing even comes close? this is great stuff.

I don't think I've mentioned this but Percival Pembroke's music comes damn close.

• Like 3

Uh, yeah this Percival Pembroke stuff is awesome. I came at it like “I dunno, man... nothing could really scratch that itch...” and here I am five days later really, really impressed and have downloaded all of the albums.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

He did a mix on Sand Circles' internet radio show and it's excellent. No fucking clue what any of the tracks are, all seems to be 80s era new beat and synthwave stuff. 

11 unreleased tracks on his tumblr too

https://hightechhighlife.tumblr.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

He did a mix on Sand Circles' internet radio show and it's excellent. No fucking clue what any of the tracks are, all seems to be 80s era new beat and synthwave stuff. 

this mix is fantastic.  reminds me of the boc societas tape in reminding me how deep the wells of music go for the true explorers.

also he has always had unreleased tunes on that tumblr page, but i dont recognize (or remember) these ones.  someone should download and compile..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, markedone said:

this mix is fantastic.  reminds me of the boc societas tape in reminding me how deep the wells of music go for the true explorers.

also he has always had unreleased tunes on that tumblr page, but i dont recognize (or remember) these ones.  someone should download and compile..

I've downloaded them in the past and did it again yesterday. There's still some early versions of No More Dreams I have saved somewhere too. 

6 hours ago, manmower said:

Big props for playing Diana Est - Tenax in that mix.

I haven't listened to much 1991 beyond the self-titled, I should try and change that sometime.

Oh nice, that was my favorite track from the set. 

So many great little production details, especially on the chorus.

I had no idea what the lyrics were until I found the below translation - she conveys them effectively in her singing

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/tenax-tenax.html

• Haha 1

Yeah, the lyrics are fantastically nutty, and tie in with "Tenax" being a particularly strong brand of hair gel in the 80s. A true italo classic.

And given an edit by none other than Legowelt a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 10:18 PM, joshuatxuk said:

Awesome mix. Only recognize Yaz's "Don't Go" and Ultravox's "Mr. X".

On 3/10/2020 at 7:43 PM, jules said:

Im just discovering 1991 and Im blown away. All of his stuff is so different and nice. Digging on it hard right now.

same here. Totally passed me by before but can't stop listening to No More Dreams now. Such a lovely melancholic 80s degraded synth feel, which I can't seem to get enough of.

I love how between a couple of tracks there's the very faint sounded of muffled beats, like he's recorded over the same tape multiple times. You can hear it right at the end of No More Dreams IV and V..

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:03 AM, fumi said:

Those Tumblr tracks are proving difficult to download. Must be the way they are embedded or something.

damnit, I need to forward you those