IGNORED

Slovenian AE Radio Interview

Great interview! Thanks for posting!

Couple of observations:

1. Love the idea of the new stream of live releases. I prefer their approach of selection vs. releasing almost everything along the career: King Crimson, Grateful Dead or Throbbing Gristle serve as examples of other approach. It comes close to an actual compulsion than willingness to document ones history of musical progress. AE are at the other end. Their musical progression justifies a release. 

2. On the other hand, I hope that next batch of lives will not eliminate/postpone plans for future album. I'd still like them to release a proper physical disc! SOON please!

3. Interesting point of the low turnout in the mid 2000s during their live tour in the US. Wonder what are the reasons? An imminent dip after Confield (incomprehensive racket to the vider audience)? Low popularity of electronic music then? Was it the same in Europe? Was dubstep a game changer?

4. Cool point on people doing club music without going to clubs. Most of their music seems to be listened at home rather than in the public. What will be the consequences?

6. Great points on Skrillex and Kanye! 

2. On the other hand, I hope that next batch of lives will not eliminate/postpone plans for future album. I'd still like them to release a proper physical disc! SOON please!

I don't understand the fetishizing of "physical releases" that I've read here a few times. I haven't bought a disc in over a decade and I don't miss it at all. Also, It's slightly offensive that a masterwork like elseq is somehow not viewed as a proper release.

I don't understand the fetishizing of "physical releases" that I've read here a few times. I haven't bought a disc in over a decade and I don't miss it at all. Also, It's slightly offensive that a masterwork like elseq is somehow not viewed as a proper release.

For some interacting with a physical object (holding the disc, seeing the artwork, etc.) adds to the experience of the music in that it's not just music at that point it's the whole concept that the artist is trying to convey through the music manifest in a physical entity that lives in their house

For some interacting with a physical object (holding the disc, seeing the artwork, etc.) adds to the experience of the music in that it's not just music at that point it's the whole concept that the artist is trying to convey through the music manifest in a physical entity that lives in their house
Seems primitive tbh or juvenile

Seems primitive tbh or juvenile

Perhaps I should have added that in no way am I saying that something needs to be on a physical release to be considered official, it's just that some people really enjoy having a physical object to interact with which helps give them a deeper connection to the music and the concepts behind it.

For most of the AE_LIVE and el-seq stuff I'm actually very content just having the files because it is more about the music itself (variations and jamming) as compared to say a full length album which is more song based and molded towards a direct goal or message through the music.

Autechre ALWAYS do fantastic interviews - they never try and be sarcastic/smart arsed etc.. just talk about their own music with passion without going on about how talking about it is strange or media-this-that-or-the-other blah blah.

RDJ and Squarepusher take note!

Also talking good about Skrillex???!?!?!?

Well, they said that they totally understand why American teenagers like it. I don't like Skrillex but his music definitely has a lot of energy to it and undoubtedly achieves a certain standard in production quality so many people like it. What they say about Skrillex isn't stupid at all

It's a bit nasty to me, I'd never buy a fucking skrillex record

Archived