IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

Yeah the octatrack is fitting into more of my projects than I initially expected.. I'm even considering using it with my guitar and getting back into live looping; it could result in some really wacky improvised sessions!

In other news, I just bought a teensy, in order to try making stuff as amazing as the projects my friend little-scale makes:

I really want to get into DIY stuff, with the aim of a possible career change into repairing/maintaining vintage synths/amps etc, and making things on the side. One of my workmates suggested I get some eurorack rails to use as a base for an entire set of DIY modules.. but that seems dangerously close to buying manufactured eurorack modules as well.. hmmmmmmm

Edited by modey

Ok, that is making me seriously start considering selling some stuff an getting one of these.  The lack of direct outs would be a much smaller thing in a live setting, and it seems like it would be a really god tool for adapting what I do these days into a form that I could actually play live with, not being able to play out is really starting to get to me.  I wonder how much my old EHX 2880 would fetch these days.

Yeah the octatrack is fitting into more of my projects than I initially expected.. I'm even considering using it with my guitar and getting back into live looping; it could result in some really wacky improvised sessions!

Edited by RSP

The only thing I wish was different so far is how you manually enter notes in the midi seq. I wish it was like the mnm with the arrow buttons instead of the level knob.

Not a big deal though. Sampling on here is so much easier than MPC, imo.

Recorder trigs are pretty amazing.

Edited by sheathe

lekshas stuff is really good!

you guys should also check the Eric Lanham vid i posted in the octatrack thread a few days back. seriously good. reminds me a bit of some of AEs live stuff circa the Oversteps tour:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/88703-octatrack-elektron-thread/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2537190

you guys should also check the Eric Lanham vid i posted in the octatrack thread a few days back. seriously good. reminds me a bit of some of AEs live stuff circa the Oversteps tour:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/88703-octatrack-elektron-thread/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2537190

yes, that guy's great. that live reminds me to ae but more from the lp5/ep7 era

regarding leksha and the monomachine...here's one more:

https://soundcloud.com/leksha/poem47

ordered 2 minifooger pedals today...delay and drive

takes the GAS off of wanting an OTO BIM...for now :cerious:

has anyone played with the minifooger pedals?

yes, that guy's great. that live reminds me to ae but more from the lp5/ep7 era

regarding leksha and the monomachine...here's one more:

i'm not convinced that either of those bandcamp albums is the same guy... i got the free one and paid for the second one w/o even listening to them and they were...

anyways went to local synth meet yesterday. was loads of fun. showed off my op1 to a bunch of people. one of the organizers played out the packup at the end of the night by just improving on a monomachine (he says he's had his since 2006). really sick stuff. said he'd be glad to show me around the machine and he lives close by. got to see a few classics, sh101, roland xox, stuff. i'd say the vast majority of what was shown was modular and a few people brought monologues. someone brought a matrixbrute too which looks and sounds KILLER (too big tho). was a good time but really didn't change my mind about wanting to shed most (all?) of my gear and just get back in the box. still lusting after the op-z though

Yeah, ever since I complained about the lack of outputs on the Octatrack earlier I've been kind of wanting one, which cements my theory that when I think something is overrated I'm usually just in denial about wanting one.  I hadn't looked at them in quite a while, they hadn't introduced the live looping mode in v1.2 yet last time I did.  that's a big selling point for me.

Fortunately it's well out of my budget right now.

I succumbed to the allure of a Monomachine.

? have you bought it

:emotawesomepm9: si senor.

Congratz! Now you too can participate in the upcoming watMnM compilation ;)