IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

I have no need (nor funds) for another 1500 euro drum synth ... but damn ...

And making it full of bare metal parts so you can tweak it simply by touching is just amazeballs. Really really great.

That Volca Nubass is the acid volca I've Bowen dreaming about for a while ? and the demos sound good imo. Might be a good choice for a 303 clone especially at that price!

On 5/9/2019 at 10:08 PM, rhmilo said:

I have no need (nor funds) for another 1500 euro drum synth ... but damn ...

And making it full of bare metal parts so you can tweak it simply by touching is just amazeballs. Really really great.

I tested it @ sooprbooth, got questions? Its not really just another drum synth. It's a un-quantized happy accident trauma groove box. Programming and playing it felt more like bending a beast to your will. Especially if you start using the connectors WTF?, OMG and MAD!...:catbed:

I highly recommend their products. Lyra-8 is also something from another dimension. It does synthesis by being a awesomely bad construction that lets barely listenable but very organismic sound bleed through it's internal attenuators, which will then be amplified into audible range by a overdrive and double feedback delay section. You can also choose the amount of bleeding through by tuning up the "hold" knobs.

It's less AHR and more stab and bleed and that's just one way of playing it.

Edited by Psychotronic

2 hours ago, Psychotronic said:

I tested it @ sooprbooth, got questions? Its not really just another drum synth. It's a un-quantized happy accident trauma groove box. Programming and playing it felt more like bending a beast to your will. Especially if you start using the connectors WTF?, OMG and MAD!...:catbed:

Well, no, because questions lead to answers and answers lead to GAS and ...

But are you saying it can’t be used like a regular drum box? That’s the feeling I get from your description, at least: unquantized, accidents, beasts ... 

7 hours ago, rhmilo said:

But are you saying it can’t be used like a regular drum box? That’s the feeling I get from your description, at least: unquantized, accidents, beasts ...

You can midi feed it, if in need for boring. :derp:

Yeah I've caved and sent the pre-order email. It's 100% my kind of thing. Dunno if I'll be able to afford it by the time it goes into production, but that's a problem for future modey.

27 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

vlad's gonna come and get ya. 

as long as he brings the pulsar, I'm fine with that

14 hours ago, Psychotronic said:

You can midi feed it, if in need for boring. :derp:

Thanks ?

Edited by rhmilo

On 3/28/2019 at 3:29 PM, TubularCorporation said:

Or an Axoloti.

I ordered one. A visual patching system where you can edit the C code for each module is pretty brilliant. Now I can drop DSP code in when I can't find the right module for the job.

How long does shipping usually take to the US?

13 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

I ordered one. A visual patching system where you can edit the C code for each module is pretty brilliant. Now I can drop DSP code in when I can't find the right module for the job.

How long does shipping usually take to the US?

No idea really, I got mine in the initial crowdfunding campaign so it tooka  while to actually ship. I'd guess a week at most now, but I don't really know.