modey

the watmm GAS thread

Posted (edited)

neutron.jpg.5157fbd84d69bc0bff9dfb28f688a5fd.jpg

So I shelled out for a Neutron, I love the sound it makes. 

I however do not like the colour scheme... so I found a .dxf file online for the cover plate, cleaned it up a bit, and plasma cut my own from sheet steel.

Noticed I missed off the rectangular push button cut-outs so I need to sort those out.  Also, second up far left patch point looks out of place.  Will go for version 2 I think.  Not bad for a first try.  Some of the small holes need filing out.

Can't decide whether to go rusty or leave it shiny and "burnt" looking.  Will hand paint on the labels before spraying with a clear matt lacquer.

Hopefully will look sweet / rustic

Edited by Soloman Tump

9 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Hopefully will look sweet / rustic

Sounds awesome !!! Please share a pic when you're done 😉

On 6/23/2019 at 12:31 AM, sheatheman said:

aroit, here is a little bit of a patch. 100% nyx v2 and no post processing at all besides a limiter.

https://picosong.com/wNqbC/

it has been giving me gas since i first saw it but ffs i need to sell some of the stuff i never use before buying new stuff that i will not have time to use either...

@Fletch, nice one, that's going to look sick. Snare Rush 6 was top notch btw 😉

• Like 1

Kind of want an Analog Heat now. How are the filters, I've heard they are a bit aggressive?

5 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Kind of want an Analog Heat now. How are the filters, I've heard they are a bit aggressive?

Filter sounds amazing, however I have a MK1 and was turned off by how stiff and rigid the knobs are. Not sure if it was just my unit or not.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, MIXL2 said:

it has been giving me gas since i first saw it but ffs i need to sell some of the stuff i never use before buying new stuff that i will not have time to use either...

getting tons of great stuff out of this thing. reverb is almost always heavily employed. i widened this and compressed, nothing else.

https://picosong.com/wK3zW/

On 7/4/2019 at 7:16 PM, acid1 said:

Filter sounds amazing, however I have a MK1 and was turned off by how stiff and rigid the knobs are. Not sure if it was just my unit or not.

Nah not just you, although you can change the sensitivity. It only seems to be really rigid in the 4 assignable knobs by the screen. I got used to the rest pretty quick.

And the filters are incredible. Some (LP 4-Pole) are aggressive, but its a multi-mode with a lot of options, including several 2-band filters. Pairing with the EQ is great for finding sweet spots.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if i'm crazy or not but considering selling off my OTmk1 with the sticky 4th trigger to my main .. friend who makes music. Lusting for a mk2?

Backlit buttons, better gain, handy interface shortcuts, new warranty, oled screen....

not a crazy idea 

• Burger 1

Everytime I mess with the RAM machines on my MD it makes me want to mess with an OT

• Like 1

Bought studio furniture which has room for 12 rack units underneath the monitor screen stand, besides some inevitable patch bays, compressors, eq's and multi-fx hardware I want to try some rack synths. Not necessarily to have playing a long as a midi track in an arrangement, but more like a sound source to sample from during play sessions. Any tips for versatile synths? I want to try hardware sampling as well, so might go for an old korg triton rack. What would be the modern day equivalent?   

Posted (edited)

It'll never happen but what I wouldn't give for a Doepfer MOGLI reissue (or better yet, for them to open-source it so it could get ported to Arduino or something).

Edited by TubularCorporation

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

rlly thinking of selling all of the stuff i dont use and just get a deluge now...

should I?

What's the stuff you're not using? Would it be easily reattained if you regret any of it later on?

I have been a couple of weeks without most of my gear and I am beginning to feel that I might not need it back...

i need to downsize. 

Wtf is my pulsar 23

On 2/12/2019 at 10:37 AM, Taupe Beats said:

Lots of iOS apps adding MPE support if you want to go that route (Volt Synth, Spacecraft which is a really neat granular app, Animoog, Quanta, etc.)

They just added a VST/AU version of Spacecraft: https://www.tracktion.com/products/spacecraft

GASing for that right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

They just added a VST/AU version of Spacecraft: https://www.tracktion.com/products/spacecraft

GASing for that right now.

I was previously using Spacecraft for sound design, just try to load stuff in and mess with the parameters until I liked it. I've recently found it's quite a good performative app (tweaking stuff in real time and recording an entire passage rather than just one sound/loop). It was really a brilliant choice to add 2 sound sources to that app. 

Ordered a TR-08, as a hella tweakable sound module (via m4l/CCs/TidalCycles) running at 24/96 over a USB cable. Many hidden parameters actually, should be fun.

I spend way too much time being absurdly too anal on drum synthesis, and often end in 808ish territories anyway. I’ve always loved its sheer tone, and it reacts so well to all sorts of processing, such a versatile bit of gear. Will offload CPU quite a bit, which is always a welcome bonus.

And I’ll happily ignore the sequencer.

Nice Nil i can't wait to hear that 

Thanks Stickfigger, will happily share examples as soon as possible. Actually I grabbed the TR-08 to finish tunes, as some unexpected nice release opportunities are showing up... and not to fuck it up, I have to get shit done (for a change) 😉

• Like 2

Bring it !!! 

• Burger 1

not sure if i wanna get a Squarp Pyramid, Yamaha RS7000, Elektron Digitakt, or just use my computer (Ableton and/or ORCΛ) for sequencing, but i really need to decide on a path and get at it...been procrastinating with this for too long. wanting to craft some longer and more complex stuff with all my gear and loops are starting to feel really stifling (not always of course)