IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

8 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

This elektronaut thread is the cringiest thing I’ve seen in a long time, those guys would buy anything elektron branded, what a bunch of pathetic fanboys...

I don't get this either - the machines all seem to be incredibly deep and full of possibilities. What's the damn hurry in getting yet another box if you probably haven't got the hang of existing ones??

Just now, thawkins said:

I don't get this either - the machines all seem to be incredibly deep and full of possibilities. What's the damn hurry in getting yet another box if you probably haven't got the hang of existing ones??

Next md and mnm would be nice tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

Next md and mnm would be nice tho

I'm half-serious here and maybe this is an asshole question to ask, but: what is keeping you from doing your stuff with the current devices? What features are you missing etc?

From what I understand it's an insane amount of time and dedication it takes to master the Elektron devices and you can really do a lot with them and pair together with VSTs/other hardware. Maybe I am just not getting it because my workflow really does not touch programming patches inside the synths beyond tweaking the filter cutoff - it's more like combining sounds and putting them through effects, choosing and playing the melodies. There's almost never a case where I am missing some wacky feature somewhere - it's more often that I discover new weird ways to achieve sounds by blasting random MIDI or just messing something up accidentally.

18 minutes ago, thawkins said:

I'm half-serious here and maybe this is an asshole question to ask, but: what is keeping you from doing your stuff with the current devices? What features are you missing etc?

From what I understand it's an insane amount of time and dedication it takes to master the Elektron devices and you can really do a lot with them and pair together with VSTs/other hardware. Maybe I am just not getting it because my workflow really does not touch programming patches inside the synths beyond tweaking the filter cutoff - it's more like combining sounds and putting them through effects, choosing and playing the melodies. There's almost never a case where I am missing some wacky feature somewhere - it's more often that I discover new weird ways to achieve sounds by blasting random MIDI or just messing something up accidentally.

I find the MD quite complete but lacks in a few ways. The 2.5mb limitation for sampling and transfer via midi comes to mind,. I wouldn't mind a fucking microSD card. The old machine's lack some of the classic elektron features we come to love now like conditional trigs. I still would never trade my MD for anything.

I want a new MNM because I don't want to spend the insane prices they are listed for on reverb pre-covered in knob twiddler spunk.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thawkins said:

I'm half-serious here and maybe this is an asshole question to ask, but: what is keeping you from doing your stuff with the current devices? What features are you missing etc?.

Basically, OT’s sequencer is the only thing that i miss in my MDuw and Mnm. But i dont miss it that much bc i also have OT. 
...and bc i have OT i dont mind MDUW’s 2.5 mb of ram. 
Another problem is that md&mnm are discontinued and if any of my silver machines dies, id have to buy a used one, not a new one, and i hate buying stuff used, virgin is what i prefer (!!!)

7 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

h1447577013_Capturedcran2020-02-2518_30_35.png.9a99ca6955a4cb4e37635ce21e88ca39.png

lol seriously elektron ?

It that it?! Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, acid1 said:

I refuse to buy any of the model series.

Overpriced pieces of shit.

Elektron Model:Cycles; 6 Track FM-Groovebox; 6 Machines: Kick, Snare, Metal, Perc, Tone and Chord; 4 controllers (Color,Shape,Sweep and Contour) for shaping the sound depending on the selected machine; 6 audio tracks (can also be used as MIDI tracks); 6 velocity-sensitive pads; 96 projects; 96 patterns per project; delay and reverb; real-time and step input of notes and parameters; 1x 6.3mm jack headphone output; 2x 6.3mm TRS jack output; 3.5mm standard audio mini jack (TRS) for MIDI In; 3.5mm standard audio mini jack (TRS) for MIDI Out/Thru;, included: PSU-4 power supply unit; USB cable; MIDI adapter (5-pin to 3.5 mm TRS mini jack); dimensions (WDH): 270 x 180 x 40 mm (including buttons and rubber feet); weight: approx. 0.814 kg

meh.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, xox said:

Basically, OT’s sequencer is the only thing that i miss in my MDuw and Mnm. But i dont miss it that much bc i also have OT. 
...and bc i have OT i dont mind MDUW’s 2.5 mb of ram. 
Another problem is that md&mnm are discontinued and if any of my silver machines dies, id have to buy a used one, not a new one, and i hate buying stuff used, virgin is what i prefer (!!!)

It that it?! Lol

Ah yea that's bad if they are no longer making them. Makes sense though. Weird that MD only has 2.5mb of RAM, I suppose the things are older than I remember.

I suppose I can say that I've got one now that it's leaked. 

It's good. Really good. Much deeper than it appears, you just have to do some tricks (much like the other Elektrons). I'll save the details for the video dump tomorrow, but I'm gonna defend this to the death, because the haters are wrong. 

It's actually the reason why I also bought the Model:Samples. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, modey said:

I suppose I can say that I've got one now that it's leaked. 

It's good. Really good. Much deeper than it appears, you just have to do some tricks (much like the other Elektrons). I'll save the details for the video dump tomorrow, but I'm gonna defend this to the death, because the haters are wrong. 

It's actually the reason why I also bought the Model:Samples. 

Dope. It looks like Nanoloop GBA in a box!

22 hours ago, modey said:

Ha, that elektronauts thread is ridiculous. Someone guessed it, but people have guessed every single possibility so that doesn't mean anything..

I didn't know that modey was to elektronauts what Joyrex is to the aphex twin subforum lol

I think that what most people don't realise is that an Elektron box that could do everything would just be super menu-divey and possibly downright hard to use. People have enough trouble with the OT, let alone something that contains more than that..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1