the watmm GAS thread

I love all trackers. I wonder how much that m8 gonna cost. Any way you can PM me the price range?

Edited by acid1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Won a Polyend Tracker in a contest today.  Very excited!

3 hours of pattern building that I streamed a few hours ago.. I knew this thing was versatile but damn, I really discovered tons of tricks today.

I bought an OB6 several months ago and it has KILLED my productivity. Every time I sit down to make music, I end up just making patches on the OB6 because I can't get over how good it sounds. I just e

Posted Images

So i picked up a RYTM2 end of last year second hand from a studio for a really good price; when i got it i realised it had some major issues with the pads not working (activating multiple pads etc, couldn't use scene or performance macros). I was lucky enough to be able to send it to the distributor to get fixed as i was able to obtain the original purchase information. When i got it back the recorder trigger would then trigger the BPM menu; select the cow bell, and activate chain linking, but would not let me record any triggers (lol). I was talking to them about it at the distributor and he told me to open it up and place some electrical tape on top of the two cans and it totally fixed it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, acid1 said:

I love all trackers. I wonder how much that m8 gonna cost. Any way you can PM me the price range?

I don't know the price range for the production version, he's still figuring that out. The "limited edition" was $350US though. It's definitely worth that price, at least.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, modey said:

I don't know the price range for the production version, he's still figuring that out. The "limited edition" was $350US though. It's definitely worth that price, at least.

DAMMNN. I missed out big time!

I now have a Push 2, and even though I’ve yet to write a tune with it I must say it’s a surprisingly awesome controller for mixing and for loads of utilitarian tasks.

A6577463-F61C-43B5-9B5B-23B3F616B75F.jpeg

• Like 3

I am still using my Push version 1, and slowly getting better at doing things with it. I think the main things that I would want is a better "UI" for messing with MIDI clips while they are playing. Probably it is just me but the step sequencer view (especially the melodic) is insanely unusable and so far I have not gotten the hang of how to work with them. Not sure if this is fixed in Push 2.

I managed to snag a KeyStep 37 right on release day to replace my old crap Oxygen 25.  Also grabbed a Clarett 4pre to replace my ancient Thunderbolt 1 Apogee Duet, which was running through two successive dongles and getting ridiculously unstable after 13 years or so. 

So, kind of pathetically, for the first time ever I’ve finally got my Volca FM, Model:Samples, Reaktor, and Reaper actually connected to a functioning MIDI controller and everything able to sync/record in one pass.  That was more than a bit overdue. 

Still a pretty basic setup really, but I’m having a lot of fun with the stuff I have and getting some decent results now.  I kind of feel like the composition/workflow is starting to click a bit these days whereas everything before was just a bit aimless. 

The M:S is pretty addictive, I just wish the velocity sensitive pads didn’t need to get absolutely punched to register anything. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chim said:

New arrival! 

IMG_20200924_171109.jpg

Isn't this too fancy for a laptop stand? Doesn't even look like you can adjust the height and no cooling fans either...

I finally took the plunge and ordered the sorbothane urethane bumpers for my monitors. I also need to figure out something something to optimize my desk placement. Got to have something more advanced than books stacked on top of rack stuff for monitor stands, right? I don't think I can afford a tumbler dryer though, maybe I have to stick with VHS players found from the trash (as if those weren't already too rare these days).

1 hour ago, thawkins said:

Isn't this too fancy for a laptop stand? Doesn't even look like you can adjust the height and no cooling fans either...

I'm pretty sure one of the buttons turn on the tabletop stove function... 

2 minutes ago, yekker said:

Is it tricky to program?

I didn't have time to try any editing today, just hooked it up and went through the cheesetastic presets to make sure it survived shipping. The Patch Base editor looks pretty straightforward, I might be in for an adventure but I've got enough FM mileage so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I think FM is better suited for external editing since there's not as much demand for live twiddling stuff like filter knobs once you've made a patch. 

lol I sold off all my eurorack and dropped $1100 on a top of the line electric adjustable desk

and am thinking of getting a new chair and vocaloid with the remaining money

• Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

Totally missed the analog four / rytm / ob update that elektron released last week. Reignited my gas for a mk1 A4. In a rare case of foresight I’d already bought a 2nd hand A4 a few years ago so the gas quickly passed :cisfor:

In case anyone else missed it;

Most of the update works for mk1 and 2 a4’s and some of the highlights are:

Step recording mode

trig probability 

trig preview (inc plocks)

Improved preset management 

Bunch of other stuff in the release notes. 

First time ever updating ob went without a hitch. Even though I seemed to be one of few people being lucky enough to actually have a working ob setup it took me at least an hour to get things back to working with past updates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

man, they REALLY need to do a cool new mid level sampler. there's so many things they could do. i hate to be that guy, but a sampler with polyphony would be awesome.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm honestly surprised Elektron haven't made a polyphonic sample playback machine. It seems to be a bit of a gap in the market, with only the OP-1 / OP-Z* and maybe the MPCs supporting it? Maybe the MC-707 as well..

Really it could be a Digitakt firmware update to make it more like the Digitone in terms of voice allocation..

* - OP-Z's utterly abysmal sample storage space makes it almost not count.

In other news, I'm seriously considering getting that TR06.. I have a real 606 on permanent loan from a friend but the TR06 looks perfect for my little ambient techno setup I've been enjoying lately.

Edited by modey

Anyone geeking on the TR06 that could tell me what it's got over the TT606 or the Behringer? I don't use my TT much but I do like the sound.

Editable sounds, built-in effects, multiple trigger outputs are a few I can think of off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

Almost latency free (if set correctly) 24/96 audio over USB, which can be super useful / convenient too.

• Like 1

wow, very nice, always wanted a 606 ! but 399 € ! :catcry: @Nil are you still using the TR08 ?

Edited by d-a-m-o

Sold it (as well as the SH-01A and SE-02) to pay my taxes (you know, 2020...). I’ve patched amazing drums with Hive 2 though, they’re all over my upcoming EP, so I don’t miss the Boutiques that much.
I f’ing love the 808, but it gave a slightly nostalgic je ne sais quoi to my tunes that didn’t fit.

Anyway, from the x0x (or should I say « Mid 0 ») series godfathers https://rc-808.com/

Seriously deep and capable drum synth plugin... and free. Some amazing reading on their website too.

Edited by Nil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1