IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

On 9/14/2021 at 10:14 PM, auxien said:

nymphes-sideL.jpg

going for that vaporwave crowd

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/nymphes/

little bit of sounds so far are good....heard mostly good out of Dreadbox in the past, but this one, particularly at that price, could be really interesting.

The visual design is awesome 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 8:22 PM, frankbooth said:

Never owned an amp, borrowed my brother-in-law's (an acoustic guitar amp) to zen out with my 606, loved having the larger sound, he needed it back, and now I want my own.  I know little about audio quality, and obviously doing nothing extraordinary here.  What's cheap but serviceable?  Noob q, I know...

I’d get a cheap but decent bass amp like a peavey or fender. Probably at least a 12”, in the $2-300 range. I use a decent Fender bass amp (for my bass) and it works awesome with my 606. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just want better stands and better/longer cables (or one of those Cat5e digital stage boxes for my interface, so I can put a 16x8 i/o panel on the far side of the room for convenience, but they're pretty expensive and getting one would mean selling some of the gear I need it for).  Haven't had any interest in new instruments or effects or software or anything in a year or two, I just want to make what I have more practical to use.

I did buy a Behringer vibrato pedal when it was on sale for $19 a few months ago, but otherwise not even paying attention.

Maybe in a year or so after I've settled in from moving and spent some real time with the new setup I'll sell off some stuff that doesn't get enough use and  use the money to buy a Hydrasynth desktop module or something, but for now I can't really see myself adding anything new unless I make it.

2 hours ago, Nil said:

given that this is going to incorporate some aspect of loris morph in an easy to use tool is really exciting. thats the same tech that is used in some csound and kyma additive resynthesis components. It basically analyze the partials for frequency + amplitude + noisiness. Having the noise component in each partial adds a ton of life to additive synthesis.  As madronalabs mentions, you can do this already in a lot of DSP platforms but making it easy is good!

I was always dissapointed in NI's Razor synth. It seemed right on the cusp of something like this but for whatever reason the UI was geared for making wubba dubba dubstep bass sounds ?

1 hour ago, nikisoko said:

I was always dissapointed in NI's Razor synth. It seemed right on the cusp of something like this but for whatever reason the UI was geared for making wubba dubba dubstep bass sounds ?

Razor is awesome but I can't help ripping off Gabor Lazar's sound palette whenever I use it. Sumu could be a great alternative for similarly super sharp, shapeshifting sounds.

there is also virsyn cube, not only razor. and if with razor you'll get that mark fell and gabor lazar vibes, with cube you'll get draft 7.30 / ISS:SA vibes

(with kyma you'll get ep7 vibes  ? )

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, kausto said:

there is also virsyn cube, not only razor. and if with razor you'll get that mark fell and gabor lazar vibes, with cube you'll get draft 7.30 / ISS:SA vibes

(with kyma you'll get ep7 vibes  ? )

u-he Bazille & Mutable Instruments Elements= Oversteps
Harmor = Kindohm
Plogue OPS7 & Chipsynth MD = Egyptrixx

(obviously talking vibes too)

Edited by Nil

20 hours ago, auxien said:

got me a new toy.

it’s quirky but i’ve just started playing with it and really loving the richness and oddness inherent in it

Congrats! Nice little synth, very digital but organic.
They also just released this apparently:

• Like 2

^yeah, been chatting a little about that elsewhere, the couple of videos today make it sound pretty unique but it's not something that would work for me right now. sure i'll be hearing some cool stuff out of that Blast Beats from others once it's out there.

• 2 weeks later...

had not heard anything good out of the M (and honestly the price is a huge turn off so i’d mostly ignored it) but this video, they’re getting lots of really interesting sounds out of it.

5 minutes ago, auxien said:

had not heard anything good out of the M (and honestly the price is a huge turn off so i’d mostly ignored it) but this video, they’re getting lots of really interesting sounds out of it.

sound kinda ok i guess but what i don't like about waldorf in general is the looks of their latest synths! the knobs, buttons, and the whole appearance is just so sterile and boring and dull, dull and boring... actually boring and dull! that's it! boring and dull!

• Burger 1