IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

22 hours ago, xox said:

Totally but Im still not convinced I should sell my ob-6 (so I could buy it) tbh …depends what you want

Based on available demos ob-6 still seems to be more versatile for modern production; ob-6 can sound retro af but if i want it can sound quite fresh too … 

Ob-6 is a fantastic synth, I think the OB-6 is to the OB-X8 what the Prophet 6 is to the prophet 5/10 rev4, a more modern and versatile analog poly ?

• Like 1

U-he will show glimpses of Zebra 3 tech at Superbooth. Given most recent KVR posts by Urs mentioning what will be in the final version, I can't wait. Exciting times really.

"Anyhow, there is so much stuff. For instance, I spent the past week writing an alternative rendering module for Z3 oscillators which uses 1000+ sine oscillators instead of wavetables. I got it down to about half the CPU of a plug-in with a similar method which I like a lot. This method allows for some elaborate and dynamic drums and mallets, all without any physical model at all."

"I'm actually prepared to show a glimpse at the curve based editor for 3rd gen Z3 oscillators during Superbooth. I am slightly afraid that it'll keep me from work for a few weeks though, because people will have questions (and some will be afraid it's over their head).

It is a similarly complex piece of software engineering as our preset browser or Bazille's synthesis core, if not the most complex one of all. It currently offers just over 100 tools and settings for what I'd call "Waveform CAD" (rather than "WaveShop", because it isn't sample/pixel based). 

Sample import is not yet implemented because another developer is reworking drag'n'drop and copy/paste on another branch. This is shaping up nicely though, and one of my next projects is about dropping .wav files on the curve editor, where - if all goes well - waveforms will be vectorised and ready for further treatments.

In addition there are something in the vicinity of 15 novel and reworked OscFX as of now. These also have individual options so one can get a lot more out of them than what Z2 used to offer, and I feel our work has just begun here.

Exciting times ahead!

(I really have to think about unveiling this though... there'll be endless threads...)"

Source : https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=579452 (and that's just 2 of the numerous aforementioned post

Live x Max x Push 2 + Z3 = my next set-up... once I've finished my upcoming 2 releases and liveset.

Edited by Nil
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Ob-6 is a fantastic synth, I think the OB-6 is to the OB-X8 what the Prophet 6 is to the prophet 5/10 rev4, a more modern and versatile analog poly ?

Yes, exactly!
Ppl are obsessed the base tone! but imo a vco is a vco! Unless you want to replicate the exact sound of some specific song for the past
The prophet 5rev4 sounds gorgeous but the p6 is still a vco polysynth with great possibilities for sound design. Once you start processing the sound with eqs and compressors you can’t easily tell whether you’re listening to the rev4’s or p6’s base tones anyhow imo

To some extent it’s probably the same with ob6 and other oberheims, including this new one

2 hours ago, Nil said:

U-he will show glimpses of Zebra 3 tech at Superbooth. Given most recent KVR posts by Urs mentioning what will be in the final version, I can't wait. Exciting times really.

"Anyhow, there is so much stuff. For instance, I spent the past week writing an alternative rendering module for Z3 oscillators which uses 1000+ sine oscillators instead of wavetables. I got it down to about half the CPU of a plug-in with a similar method which I like a lot. This method allows for some elaborate and dynamic drums and mallets, all without any physical model at all."

"I'm actually prepared to show a glimpse at the curve based editor for 3rd gen Z3 oscillators during Superbooth. I am slightly afraid that it'll keep me from work for a few weeks though, because people will have questions (and some will be afraid it's over their head).

It is a similarly complex piece of software engineering as our preset browser or Bazille's synthesis core, if not the most complex one of all. It currently offers just over 100 tools and settings for what I'd call "Waveform CAD" (rather than "WaveShop", because it isn't sample/pixel based). 

Sample import is not yet implemented because another developer is reworking drag'n'drop and copy/paste on another branch. This is shaping up nicely though, and one of my next projects is about dropping .wav files on the curve editor, where - if all goes well - waveforms will be vectorised and ready for further treatments.

In addition there are something in the vicinity of 15 novel and reworked OscFX as of now. These also have individual options so one can get a lot more out of them than what Z2 used to offer, and I feel our work has just begun here.

Exciting times ahead!

(I really have to think about unveiling this though... there'll be endless threads...)"

Source : https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=579452 (and that's just 2 of the numerous aforementioned post

Live x Max x Push 2 + Z3 = my next set-up... once I've finished my upcoming 2 releases and liveset.

Crazy!!! I’ll have to try it out!

p.s. anything u-he was top notch so far

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chim said:

I only hear about OB-8's being a nightmare to upkeep so I dunno, but I don't think the X8 compares. It is a lot more modern and tight sounding, kinda like the P5 rev4. It'd be superb for some woolly pads but the asking price is a lot for what it does. 

first off, i've come to my senses and won't be selling the OB8 lol

but i've had no nightmares with mine at all. admittedly, i've done a lot of pre-emptive work on it to bring it to a more robust state but these were precautions rather than fixes. i've had a handful of vintage synth over the years and the OB8 has been "normal" really: i occasionally get minor issues like lately one voice is ever so slightly louder than the others; when MIDI OUT is plugged in it will play two voices at once (lol why??), but really it's been going strong for several years so i honestly can't complain. it's an investment though - at this point if you want something vintage i think you should go into it considering that like with any old machine it'll take work/money to keep it running strong and that's not for everyone, but all i'm saying is ime the OB8 is not uniquely problematic or anything. 

listening to the OBX8 more - it definitely has a more modern, polished sound compared to the vintage models, but i still think it sounds gorgeous. kinda like a luxury version of the OB lineage. i don't have the cash for it but i'd buy it if i did bc i think it would be really cool to have a kind of deluxe, fresh OB alongside my matured old friend. 

Im thinking of going Modular a mobile modular system (Okey Okey I know what you thinking, Jises are u insane? Going that road RIP cern and all that) 

But I would love to hook up my Machinedrum to something like this:

This 6U suitcase style would fit because I don't want to build a wall of modular stuff etc.. If I can do this inside my computer I would take that road instead! It seems very difficult to create something like that in Max MSP. I want it hands on flexible.

I have the wallet for this but I don't want to spend $10.000 for something that just making some noise and sounds. My gf is gonna think I have lost it completely. 

How do you guys suggest I should start?

Should I build my own case or pre-order a already made? 

Cheers 

2 hours ago, cern said:

This 6U suitcase style would fit because I don't want to build a wall of modular stuff etc.. If I can do this inside my computer I would take that road instead! It seems very difficult to create something like that in Max MSP. I want it hands on flexible.

Have you tried the 'virtual' modular route with something like VCV Rack (https://vcvrack.com/) or Voltage Modular ( https://cherryaudio.com/products/voltage-modular ). Might be worth giving that a go to see if modular is right for you before going the full-on hardware modular route....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cern said:

Im thinking of going Modular a mobile modular system (Okey Okey I know what you thinking, Jises are u insane? Going that road RIP cern and all that) 

But I would love to hook up my Machinedrum to something like this:

I have the wallet for this but I don't want to spend $10.000 for something that just making some noise and sounds. My gf is gonna think I have lost it completely. 

How do you guys suggest I should start?

Should I build my own case or pre-order a already made? 

Cheers 

Re: the case, are you into DIY, do you have the tools to make a case? Do you enjoy building things? Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

If you wanna integrate your machinedrum...

Something to boost the line levels from md to eurorack

Something to bring eurorack levels back to line

Some sort of mixer

Something that can process triggers from MD

Something to trigger (vco, sampler, sample player, etc)

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in the video but it seems the md is being ran through a compressor or something and the md is triggering plaits. Plaits would be a good vco I guess because it has a built in lpg so you can just send it triggers from md and route the sound somewhere.

Just some random thoughts. Obvs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xox said:

The price is lollipoop ? 

17 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Fanboys are already justifying it, I can't believe it, this is beyond me...

BUT GUYS!

WITH THIS YOU CAN PLAYBACK YOUR OWN SAMPLES! AMAZING 

Only $2.000 Mkaay its a steal ?

2 hours ago, cern said:

BUT GUYS!

WITH THIS YOU CAN PLAYBACK YOUR OWN SAMPLES! AMAZING 

Only $2.000 Mkaay its a steal ?

Says the guy who 8 posts previous was talking about buying a portable euro rack setup to go with his MD….

with that you will be able to make bleeps! Amazing 

only £10k it’s a steal.

1 hour ago, Grain Bastard said:

Says the guy who 8 posts previous was talking about buying a portable euro rack setup to go with his MD….

with that you will be able to make bleeps! Amazing 

only £10k it’s a steal.

Oh the butt hurted hipster is going full retard. 

Are your IKEA fanbase so tired of your shit music on Bandcamp so they are not willing to pay you for the cool new hipster toy? 
What a pity 

Go to your ugly mom and maybe you can fuck her to get som cash cus nobody wants her. 
Hope she dies soon btw when she is I will piss on her grave and you too, very important tasks in my life. 

PS good luck With your dick in your mother.. It may be fried hahah!! ?

7 hours ago, cern said:

Are your IKEA fanbase so tired of your shit music on Bandcamp so they are not willing to pay you for the cool new hipster toy? 
What a pity 

Go to your ugly mom and maybe you can fuck her to get som cash cus nobody wants her. 
Hope she dies soon btw when she is I will piss on her grave and you too, very important tasks in my life. 

7 hours ago, cern said:

Hahah your music is shit! What are you trying to do? Retard Techno ?

Easy there, tiger. Go chill out for a week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:00 PM, Nil said:

Exciting times ahead!

This filter looks very promising.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:09 AM, cern said:

What a pity 

"Country: Spain"