the watmm GAS thread

modey

got my LXR yesterday but only had a few minutes to play with it…sounds so fucking good. very digital in the best of ways…the morphing kit feature should be interesting if i understand it correctly, but i’ve got plenty to learn on it.

the structure of the machine (voice vs. performance) is going to take some getting used to, but that’s any new machine/unfamiliar brand design. the sound editing seems really straight forward and not too menu-divey that i’ve seen so far.

the volume faders per voice is killer for live tweaking.

can’t wait to dig in more and start writing with it.

1 hour ago, auxien said:

got my LXR yesterday but only had a few minutes to play with it…sounds so fucking good. very digital in the best of ways…the morphing kit feature should be interesting if i understand it correctly, but i’ve got plenty to learn on it.

the structure of the machine (voice vs. performance) is going to take some getting used to, but that’s any new machine/unfamiliar brand design. the sound editing seems really straight forward and not too menu-divey that i’ve seen so far.

the volume faders per voice is killer for live tweaking.

can’t wait to dig in more and start writing with it.

NIce man. How is the build quality? Looks solid, but also have never owned something from erika

7 hours ago, e-mertz said:

NIce man. How is the build quality? Looks solid, but also have never owned something from erika

i’ll reserve a full take until later, but initial impressions on build quality are v good. feels as solid as any gear i’ve got, heavy & metal enclosure, buttons aren’t amazing but they are good & feel like they’ll last quite some years. knobs feel like you’d want, the big data knob is really nice for fine tuning & navigation. faders feel decent, but might be the least solid feeling component of this list so far (but that’s not a bad thing really). screen does it’s job, probably easy enough to replace a decade from now as it looks basic/common. even the jacks & power switch feel really strong. couldn’t expect more for the price tbh, & i’m a petty consumer, i’d call out any little thing i saw. 

i haven’t heard any rumblings online about Erica Synths hardware production tho, maybe long term things will crop up.

software/firmware on it is a bit glitchy tho. i’m still learning for sure but i might’ve already had it freeze up (just restarted, not sure if i was doing something wrong where i was in the menu system or if the system actually locked up). noticed other weirdness too already…but i have NOT checked to see if i’m on the latest firmware yet so don’t yet hold any of this paragraph against the machine.

Edited by auxien
  • Thanks 1

Had my first play on an Octatrack last week. I know how to use a few Elektron boxes, so the sequencer etc I was cool with and I had picked up a few things from watching YouTube videos (mostly the assignment of the cross fader 🎚) so I more or less could jam with it straight away…. Probably because of that I’m now gassing for one pretty bad 😂

Also got to play with a Meris Polymoon pedal. Beautiful sounding 😍

Want one of them too 😂

I love the ZOIA, the basics are easy, the modular UI/UX is intuitive and approachable (at least to me), the depth and possibilities are amazing. I've only scratched the surface, made some multi-effects and controllable things, haven't even tried the synth or sequencing parts yet. Can't wait to delve into the glitchy, granular, and generative sides of the box. Yeah, it's pricey, but damn it's versatile.