modey

I just had a bit of a splooge and bought:

Analog Four

Minilogue

Strymon Big Sky

Waldorf 2-Pole

Roland Octa-Capture

What the fuck.

Yes i agee, peace. Have needs more ins, he should have bougth roland studio capture not octa capture. Damn!

I just had a bit of a splooge and bought:

Analog Four

Minilogue

Strymon Big Sky

Waldorf 2-Pole

Roland Octa-Capture

What the fuck.

Yes i agee, peace. Have needs more ins, he should have bougth roland studio capture not octa capture. Damn!

Why exactly? The Studio Capture is €320 more expensive, and 8 tracks is more than enough given a) I only have 3 things generating actual sound at any one time meaning a total of 6ins b) I will also buy a small rack splitter/mixer which can sum upto 6 inputs down into 1 output c) if I do really want to multitrack my Vermona I can simply use the studios at work and d) my work flow is designed to limit myself in areas, forcing me to hard record so I'm not consistently tweaking.

Guest Chesney

Wow, that's a good haul! Hope the recent A4 gushing wasn't a culprit? ;)

I'm not planning to buy anything for good while, i'm playing a waiting game for a decent console.

Today though, I got given 2 massive leslie speakers. Gonna be amazing using these in the new studio.

GODDAMMIT!

bastl is too bloody good, had I known this was coming I would not have gotten the kastle.. oh well

edit: now I'm torn between the monologue, se-02, erebus and this! maybe I should just save my money, sell a kidney and get the dreadbox abyss, be done with it and move to Tibet

Edited by MIXL2

guys i need advice, should i pre-order? should i wait? my current setup is pretty minimal and almost (probably soon to be) diy (pocket operators, olegtron 4060, kastle, koma field kit, beatstep pro, monotron delay & duo), and i am in need of a beasty main voice.. a duo would do I think for what I want to make.. should i go go for this softPoop or erebus or just sell it all and meditate instead because I don't got the time to make music now but "I surely will later, like in 10 years!"?

It definitely sounds more powerful than the Kastle, but also more wild. It seems to me like you've got a lot of synths and bits and doodads there as it is dude...maybe a better investment would be a small mixer/effects box? Erebus is a great sound too but seems a bit out of line with the rest of your set up...that's not necessarily bad though.

Erebus could be good as one reliable synth sound to tie all of the weird noisy stuff together. Then again, the Softpop also looks/sounds pretty great.. it's a tricky one, get both lol

GODDAMMIT!

bastl is too bloody good, had I known this was coming I would not have gotten the kastle.. oh well

edit: now I'm torn between the monologue, se-02, erebus and this! maybe I should just save my money, sell a kidney and get the dreadbox abyss, be done with it and move to Tibet

Fuck it, I want both. Actually I didn't realize that was getting released soon, and yesterday the Dude of all things gave me some raging Bastl lust. Suddenly I want all 3 of the aforementioned plus a Microgranny.

Something about this weather really makes me GAS hard for kind of mostly lo-fi, mostly battery-powered, mostly analog stuff. Lusting for a new monosynth too and there's too many to choose from nowadays but I've narrowed it down to BS2, Monologue, and MS20. 

That video is flaring up my 0-coast lust which had cooled too. Help me, I am powerless against GAS.

Ha, maaaaybe :) . I'd practically made up my mind anyway, but that gave it a nice extra nudge.  Then again, the recent non-love for the Big Sky almost made me doubt myself, but I managed to ignore it.

This softpop synth looks/sounds interesting but to me it seems to be hard to tame...hard to make 'normal music' with and its sound palette could be quite narrow, not counting the modulations. I have no probs with limited/narrow synths but for such im not willing to pay more then 100, 150 euros tops. The olegtron is in this category but tbh i doubt i could use it 'musically'. The softpop atleast has midi in...

Edited by xox

its sound palette could be quite narrow, not counting the modulations.

Yeah but that's kind of like saying that sandwiches are quite boring not counting what's between the slices of bread.

That said I think I am just gonna get the Dude and do some lo-fi jams with battery powered stuff and see where that goes.

I think I'm having some internal backlash to getting too nerdy and computer-y and MIDI-y and now I want to do more hands-on, screen-less, noisy stuff. So I need to tread carefully until that cools down. It's a good thing I'm kind of broke this summer or I probably would have already ordered my first eurorack skiff and a bunch of modules. After years of resisting it I think I'm about ready to give in... plus DIY seems really cool.

Ha, maaaaybe :) . I'd practically made up my mind anyway, but that gave it a nice extra nudge.  Then again, the recent non-love for the Big Sky almost made me doubt myself, but I managed to ignore it.

Hey did you get the A4 for a low price? I'm just reading over on GS that they're dropping the price by a few hundred, likely in advance of a MkII version releasing soon a la the Octatrack. If not you may be able to get with your dealer about a partial discount/something, if you already didn't get a good deal buying all that shit at once :)

There's a store here in Germany that have dropped the price by €300 and now it's €1019, but I had to go to another store to get finance so had to pay the "normal" price.

Edited by b born droid

There's a store here in Germany that have dropped the price by €300 and now it's €1019, but I had to go to another store to get finance so had to pay the "normal" price.

Ah so not the sort of thing where you can necessarily go ask for some credit or something, got ya. Just thought about you as soon as I saw that thread. Go post a pic of it all in Studio Pics dude, I'm curious to see/hear what all you can do with that much new gear  :music:

Everything is being delivered tomorrow, then I'm going back to England for 2 weeks. Gonna be the longest two weeks! Just need to order a few extra bits like the patchbay etc. Give me a month and you'll see it in all its glory.

I've never really been into the idea of the kaossilator tbh.. I enjoyed the KP3+ I had for a while, but for cheap melodic devices I prefer the volcas.