IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

Guest Chesney

Never tried to record over USB, I dunno, it sounds wrong ha. I know it's all the same, electrical signals sent over metal connections but audio over USB seems cheap *snooty audio twat*

lol sorry. I was teasing some folks in Discord too. The WAV is literally half an hour long tho, it would be rude for me to not at least edit out all the deafening screeches first.

we need to hear this asap

any lust for skychord products here? again, totaly impractilcal but the glamour box and sleepdrone 5 look interesting

http://www.skychord.com/glamour-box.html

Not familiar with them, but they look cool.

i'd buy the sleepdrone just for the look, i swear to god ;)

...and the glamour box

merzbow uses this one:

Edited by xox

Guest Chesney

I know modey, ridiculous haha. It's just my mind being twattish, it's all the same regardless. Thunderbolt is just the same and everything gets to my computer that way. USB just feels flimsy so It can't handle all that precious audio can it? ;)

I hope you read this in the way i'm putting it across, I don't want to be branded a weirdo (on an IDM forum :s)

Edited by Chesney

Alllrighty... I started editing this and I realized it was pointless, so here you go, warts, herpes, rusty razor blades and all!

!!BRICKWALL SCREECHING warning!!

Seriously turn your shit down and brace for some shrieks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5z9_4mGl_ekUDhCdV9kLTFrWFk

this sounds fantastic! i'm hearing a lot of familiar sounds & effect tricks, but it's all been given a whole new character by the dude mixer. everything has been given more body, impact, and kind of a rich burbly distorted edge that sounds great.

Alllrighty... I started editing this and I realized it was pointless, so here you go, warts, herpes, rusty razor blades and all!

this sounds fantastic! i'm hearing a lot of familiar sounds & effect tricks, but it's all been given a whole new character by the dude mixer. everything has been given more body, impact, and kind of a rich burbly distorted edge that sounds great.

Thank you! Yes, this little thing is great. So simple but weirdly addictive and it brings it all together more than other mobile mixers I've used.

hey this is great! my kind of thing; i like the sense of freedom. i bet this would sound great live. sweepstakes in the museum of modern art ;)

so this is the dude, mini kp and po12? anything else?

hey this is great! my kind of thing; i like the sense of freedom. i bet this would sound great live. sweepstakes in the museum of modern art ;)

so this is the dude, mini kp and po12? anything else?

Thank you! Yeah that's part of what I like about keeping it loose with this cheap stuff, feels like you could get away with anything.

That's it except it was recorded on the Zoom H1 and it was definitely hot enough to clip at that stage. The Zoom is pretty nasty when it clips. Also I converted from stereo 24 bit to mono 8 bit because I figured there wasn't any more audio information than that lol. That may have imparted a bit of flavor.

I think those 2 pieces sound better than people give them credit for. That and I lent my buddy the PO12 for a couple weeks and he just gave it back. That was the first jam I've had with it since, so it was kind of a romp with an old flame... heh heh... :)

Guest Chesney

I think you are wrong and the only way to create digital audio is via AD converter!

Please don't take me seriously i'm not really that stupid.

PayPal credit is going to be my doom. Just ordered an Eventide Space

i wanted that thing so badly but didn't had the money (599 euros incl. vat on thomann!!!) so i've bought the zoom ms70cdr :( ...which is still ok; 137 plug-ins for 95 euros :)

I think you are wrong and the only way to create digital audio is via AD converter!

Please don't take me seriously i'm not really that stupid.

lol is this double sarcasm? 

Edited by xox

i have been planning to buy the geiger counter but i said to myself today, let's see if there's something else/more interesting on the market that i could use, like a filter unit with overdrive/distortion and i've found out about 74.000 filtering effect units and pedals (now i'm a fakn expert on filter pedals/units  :wacko:​ ) but only few of them can overdrive the signal and out of those i've isolated 3 that seems interesting enough and are within my budget: 

dreadbox epsilon - 231 euros

waldorf 2-pole - 209 euros

vermona filter lancet - 359 euros (barely in my budget :dry:)

anybody has experience with any of these units? (google offers zero answers about direct comparison) help me! save me from the geiger counter :diablo:

p.s.

wtf is this?! 800 dollars! ...and i want it :)

Edited by xox

They're not that popular and probably not what you're after but the Akai MFC42 can do some stuff.  Pre and post filter gain for driving it, plus a separate overdrive. I wouldn't call it warm but it' pretty useful. I think they've gotten expensive though,

This is a pretty good rundown of the MFC42's features in its natural habitat (filter house).

He does miss a few things like the L/R phase control on the stereo channel and inverse linking the mono and stereo filters' cutoffs for effects like modulated crossover and stuff., but he gets almost everything.  Leave the annotations on!

anybody has experience with any of these units?

I just bought the Waldorf. In my brief time messing with it so far I've been pretty impressed with the range of sounds I can get. The overdrive is quite intense. Only thing is the knobs seem a bit flimsy and I'm hoping that won't become a problem with large amounts of use.

anybody has experience with any of these units?

I just bought the Waldorf. In my brief time messing with it so far I've been pretty impressed with the range of sounds I can get. The overdrive is quite intense. Only thing is the knobs seem a bit flimsy and I'm hoping that won't become a problem with large amounts of use.