IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

Guest Chesney

Be careful with pedals though, lots are basically the same design you can find openly on the web but in a different case. obviously these are the more standard types of effects.

I have gassed about the Geiger for a good few years now, but it's mono and I really wanted a stereo version. I nearly bought 2 pedals but that is expensive. I saw that they were doing a pro version but still... mono :(

I will pick one up eventually as I do have stereo distortion options, just not to that extreme.

Never tried the any vermona stuff apart from the DRM but everything they do looks lovely and from demo's sound it too.

The DP4 is suprisingly fast to edit once you get used to where you are with it. The scope is HUGE and I still find it way more inspiring than clicking a mouse and staring at the screen even though mad effects are abundant in software form. That's just me though.

Edited by Chesney

it's all midi so you could do some real quirky sequenced fx with your MD/MnM. Be a nice setup to be honest. I'm getting myself amped to try this myself, I am yet to go deep with the midi.

It often clicks unfortunately when you change delay time via midi. Lexicon LXP5 doesn't click for example so you can do granular stuff with it easily.

By the way there is also DP2 which is 2 times smaller)

Example

Edited by telefunken

Guest Chesney

Really? I have not heard any clicks but like I said, I have not given it a good test yet. That's a little disappointing although my PCM80 is good for midi just would have been nice to go crazy with 2 stereo chains affecting 2 elektrons being midi controlled by the boxes they are affecting.

Yeah you can hear that clicks in my example on 3:54 - 4:00 mark.

Regarding MIDI on DP4/DP2 you also have to deal with Mod Section where you should set Controllers, and their ranges. DP2 is able to use only 2 controllers per FXslot.

Edited by telefunken

Regarding FX i'd go Axoloti (+control thingy) way. I have one and made tons of crazy fx with it. 

Wow, that Axoloti looks really really nice! You can even program your own modules (in C I suppose) if I'm not mistaken. DC coupled outputs.. and it's pretty cheap.

:wang:

Yeah i can use mine like send FX via CUE output/input of OT for example and control it with CCs

33791655426_05fc2eaf79_o.gif

BBDBode example

I didn't even touched MIDI generating stuff yet. Gonna use one of Axos for this (which lies with fried main outputs). I actually experimented with it by sending quantized MIDI CHAOS to Renoise via USB MIDI

Can't decide between a matrix 1000 and an A4... Two completely different synths and I want them both but there's a matrix 1000 for sale for 600 euro's around my parts and I'm afraid these will only go up in price. 

I want everything and I want it NOW.

The warm buttery tones of the oberheim are calling but so are the cold futuristic ones of the a4, and the ability to send cv to my ms20m.

Edited by user

Are you selling so that you can buy a colundi node?

lol ...or dr.amp's golden shit-digging shovel? two coats, guaranteed

no, siriusly... i hope you're not forced to do that, alan

Edited by xox

Guest Chesney

selling all my gear. I'm like anti-gas. 

Why many I ask?

PM me with a list too man, I'm in Eng.

Edited by Chesney

Regarding BASTL i'm really interested in their THYME. I guess it could be interesting to you too, xox.

based on yt videos (found only two so far) the most interesting thing about it is it's stereo, tbh 

*needs more good demos*

What are you looking to do? Something that totally fucks up the audio? By the sounds of it an 'all in one' piece of software that modulates reverb, delays, other effects etc would be best? 

i already have that itb... lots of vst, max/msp or supercollider if i'm really crazy that day. also, i have mostly what you say in the zoom pedal; 137 efx 6 of which can be combined in a single preset.

but yes, i need a hw that can do something interesting to the signal., hw cause i'd take it with me to gigs and for a change i want to turn physical, real pots.

the gc do just that, fucks up the audio but i'm afraid it could be a one trick pony. the retroverb lancet doesn't destroy the signal but it still fucks the signal only with much more love than the gc, it has nice sounding filters and an extensive modulation + spring reverb. but do i need filters and modulation when i have mnm and md? ...that have 34 programmable lfos in total. the ''nice sounding'' part could outweigh the money.

speaking of working at home, geiger counter is the only efx in my budget that i couldn't replace with a sw; no such vst and i'm not that knowledgeable in max and sc programming. it's questionable if i can find a vst substitute for the lancet, i have the drop and other modulation plugs, not sure.

i'm only thinking about any of these cause i have 400-450 euros to spend. i don't need anything really. i'm sure i could gig with only my mnm for the next 20 yrs and in the next 20 only with md. but hey, gas took my soul ;) i haven't bought a thing in a month :)

Maybe I'm completely missing the point but for crazy effects in stereo maybe consider the jomox t-resonator? Delay, reverb and filterbox that can go wild.

Haha, I've bought some colundi beans from Grant, although the tin says borlotti... Aleksi told me that if I plant them they grow into a beanstalk with a pyramid at the top. If you can make it into the colundi chamber (that plays all the colundi frequencies at once) you are made immortal. 

Can't decide between a matrix 1000 and an A4... Two completely different synths and I want them both but there's a matrix 1000 for sale for 600 euro's around my parts and I'm afraid these will only go up in price. 

I want everything and I want it NOW.

The warm buttery tones of the oberheim are calling but so are the cold futuristic ones of the a4, and the ability to send cv to my ms20m.

My 1st analog synth was the Matrix1000, sounds lush through a nice reverb (although I guess so does most things...) 

The A4 is more than capable of 'buttery' tones although not in the same way. Depends what you're after? Specific sound(s) or usability and more tracks to play with. 

lol ...or dr.amp's golden shit-digging shovel? two coats, guaranteed

no, siriusly... i hope you're not forced to do that, alan

Fortunately I'm not being forced :) 

selling all my gear. I'm like anti-gas. 

Why many I ask?

PM me with a list too man, I'm in Eng.

A few reasons but mainly that I'm ending that project and deciding to take on something a bit different/unique. 

What are you looking to do? Something that totally fucks up the audio? By the sounds of it an 'all in one' piece of software that modulates reverb, delays, other effects etc would be best? 

i already have that itb... lots of vst, max/msp or supercollider if i'm really crazy that day. also, i have mostly what you say in the zoom pedal; 137 efx 6 of which can be combined in a single preset.

but yes, i need a hw that can do something interesting to the signal., hw cause i'd take it with me to gigs and for a change i want to turn physical, real pots.

the gc do just that, fucks up the audio but i'm afraid it could be a one trick pony. the retroverb lancet doesn't destroy the signal but it still fucks the signal only with much more love than the gc, it has nice sounding filters and an extensive modulation + spring reverb. but do i need filters and modulation when i have mnm and md? ...that have 34 programmable lfos in total. the ''nice sounding'' part could outweigh the money.

speaking of working at home, geiger counter is the only efx in my budget that i couldn't replace with a sw; no such vst and i'm not that knowledgeable in max and sc programming. it's questionable if i can find a vst substitute for the lancet, i have the drop and other modulation plugs, not sure.

i'm only thinking about any of these cause i have 400-450 euros to spend. i don't need anything really. i'm sure i could gig with only my mnm for the next 20 yrs and in the next 20 only with md. but hey, gas took my soul ;) i haven't bought a thing in a month :)

Maybe I'm completely missing the point but for crazy effects in stereo maybe consider the jomox t-resonator? Delay, reverb and filterbox that can go wild.

i believe i could replicate most of its functions with the zoom ms-70cdr, minus the resonant filter. also, im not sure why, but i find it really boring sounding and looking, based on yt videos.

im terrible, i know ;)

Edited by xox

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=559173199 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=2182010348]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=559173199 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=2313666914]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=559173199 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1665450850]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=559173199 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=3265848545]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=559173199 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=4086000540]

i believe i could replicate most of its functions with the zoom ms-70cdr, minus the resonant filter. also, im not sure why, but i find it really boring sounding and looking, based on yt videos.

im terrible, i know ;)

Pretty sure there's a filter/delay combo in the zoom. Don't know how high the resonance goes though..