IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

I'm excited and also feel kind of dumb that I just bought one of these http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/alesis-fusion

Got it for a good price, local pick up. If it stanks, I can probably flip it and break even. 

Im kinda starting to feel good about this impulse buy http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1798#21701

Edited by Auditor

Regarding FX i'd go Axoloti (+control thingy) way. I have one and made tons of crazy fx with it. 

Wow, that Axoloti looks really really nice! You can even program your own modules (in C I suppose) if I'm not mistaken. DC coupled outputs.. and it's pretty cheap.

:wang:

It's even better than that - there's a Max/MSP style patching environment.

Regarding BASTL i'm really interested in their THYME. I guess it could be interesting to you too, xox.

based on yt videos (found only two so far) the most interesting thing about it is it's stereo, tbh 

*needs more good demos*

The extra read head and the ability to modulate it are very interesting to me.

Guest Chesney

Nice one auditor! Workstations like these are usually deep and really fucking good, the question is how fun it is to get at all the parameters with theses things. Hope yours weilds enough for you. It certainly sounds rad as fuck on paper. 

Yeah the specs on this thing are phenomenal, but there is always a catch (usually fun factor/sound) with workstations. I'm mainly excited for sample mangling, fm, and semi weighted keys because I want to get back on some two-part invention shit

Yay just ordered that bit ranger and earned my idiot hipster badge (or do I get that after it arrives?)

I pre-ordered a softpop!

we can be idiot-hipsters together

Yay! I want one of those too but I decided to wait until the next batch and hear what people do with it instead of preordering.

Got my OT last night.   Set it up and messed around a bit while going over some youtube vids + the manual.  

Got frustrated a few times with things that weren't obvious (record triggers can only be changed when the record settings are open on screen -- this one had me for a while as I couldn't figure out why the damned thing kept overwriting the recorded sample when I was trying to listen to it).  

Gonna put in some more time with it while I can today since I'll be out of town for a long weekend.

didn't know where to put this...kind of related... anyway, this is new for me! i didn't know one can do it without a guitar :)

p.s. this guy must be a watmmer  :cat:

Regarding FX i'd go Axoloti (+control thingy) way. I have one and made tons of crazy fx with it.

Wow, that Axoloti looks really really nice! You can even program your own modules (in C I suppose) if I'm not mistaken. DC coupled outputs.. and it's pretty cheap.

:wang:

It's even better than that - there's a Max/MSP style patching environment.

Yea, looks pretty great that! But I'm especially happy about the user made objects because I've been searching for a sort of generic DSP hardware platform for a while, and it seems very well suited for that.

didn't know where to put this...kind of related... anyway, this is new for me! i didn't know one can do it without a guitar :)

p.s. this guy must be a watmmer  :cat:

That WMD Geiger Counter pedal is fun.

^ do you have it, paranerd?

i'm still not really sure whether to buy the pedal of a vermona retroverb lancet

latest half-decision from today is to order the lancet from thomann (which offers a risk-free 30-days money back guarantee)

so, if i don't like it...  :trap:  :whistling:

or

i can commit suicide and end this struggle  :fail:

Edited by xox

I don't, but I have a friend who has it and it's pretty bonkers.

I'm not familiar with the Retroverb Lancet, but it has a knob called 'Balls', so it's gotta be at least decent.

I don't, but I have a friend who has it and it's pretty bonkers.

I'm not familiar with the Retroverb Lancet, but it has a knob called 'Balls', so it's gotta be at least decent.

lol ''pretty bonkers'' vs ''balls function''  ...now you understand my pain :)

Guest Chesney

I'm gonna get the WMD at some point but a Soundcraft 2400-16 has come up local. Always wanted a big old console especially now i'll have room for one. Hmmm, what to do haha.

Guest Chesney

well, not yet, I'm building a studio down the bottom of the garden. The bricks got delivered today.

Not sure on price yet, I need to go see it and then think about it hard.

on the Raspberry Pi stuff, I am no coder but it seems to me like writing custom objects (If you even need them) for Axoloti might be a more effective route to take ultimately.

Yeah, the Axoloti sounds like it is much better suited for that, because while it has less internal resources, it's not running a full OS and it's already got good ACD and DAC (and MIDI) soldered to the board, plus it's got an USB port where you can just attach some cheapo MIDI controller which you can control the thing with. So right off the bat you can do pretty much anything with it and no need to solder stuff.

I did some experimenting over the weekend with the Pi and it's onboard audio is pretty bad and noisy, I ended up using a Zoom bass pedal with an integrated USB interface to get an acceptable sound. I think I'd want at least 4in and 4out to play nice with any future stereo effects. Here's that GAS again...

on the Raspberry Pi stuff, I am no coder but it seems to me like writing custom objects (If you even need them) for Axoloti might be a more effective route to take ultimately.

Yeah, the Axoloti sounds like it is much better suited for that, because while it has less internal resources, it's not running a full OS and it's already got good ACD and DAC (and MIDI) soldered to the board, plus it's got an USB port where you can just attach some cheapo MIDI controller which you can control the thing with. So right off the bat you can do pretty much anything with it and no need to solder stuff.

I did some experimenting over the weekend with the Pi and it's onboard audio is pretty bad and noisy, I ended up using a Zoom bass pedal with an integrated USB interface to get an acceptable sound. I think I'd want at least 4in and 4out to play nice with any future stereo effects. Here's that GAS again...

You could get one of those behringer USB dac/adc's, should cost 20 or 30 bucks.

oto biscuit just sold on ebay for 640 dollars  :(  ...it was too much for me; was planning to spend 450-500 dollars

Edited by xox