IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Wonderland

stephen1966

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samples sound amazing, but why are the digital files not released at the same time as the record??

To create incentive for purchase of a long dead and generally subpar yet still profitable format? ;D

I'm just joking. Not really, but just being a smart ass. No shade towards you vinyl buyers at all btw, do yr thing, support the artists and labels. But that's always been my assumption as to why labels do that with vinyl and even CD. Hype and profit. I'll be buying the CD set cause I'm hyped and I hope they profit :)

Guest bitroast

been holding back on the testpressing series .. finally digging in now. there's some real nice stuff in here holy shit :^) (also glad i waited) 

one for the WatmmHeads out there :^) 

what a nice surprise out of the blue. I was expecting some kind of Testpressing collection but not a new album as well. they seem to have taken some of the more atypical elements of the Testpressing and the Millie & Andrea trax (overdriven breaks and 909s) and incorporated them into the Demdike Stare sound. Its still gloomy, malevolent and industrial but now its in your face and agile as opposed to gloomy and reverb-coated. top marks.

what a nice surprise out of the blue. I was expecting some kind of Testpressing collection but not a new album as well. they seem to have taken some of the more atypical elements of the Testpressing and the Millie & Andrea trax (overdriven breaks and 909s) and incorporated them into the Demdike Stare sound. Its still gloomy, malevolent and industrial but now its in your face and agile as opposed to gloomy and reverb-coated. top marks.

yeah well said this is a banger and a freaking nice suprise. testpressings didnt do much for me except:

Oh shit! Surprise Demdike Stare?! Gotta jump on this one ASAP... I had been revisiting some of the earlier stuff the other week. Looking forward to hearing this.

Archived