IGNORED

have you ever got THAT FEELING from one of your own tracks?

YEK

that feeling you are listening to something and the hairs on your back stand up.

i don't know if it's possible for me because listening to my music i'm always listening with different ears because i know the track technically.

BUT, it would be an accomplishment to get THAT FEELING.

discuss

Sometimes.. usually when revisiting something epic I wrote years ago, or something I forgot about (like when I listened to this lastnight for the first time since I released it). It doesn't happen very often, but it's kinda cool when it does.

Actually yeah, from all my tracks. That's the only reason I pursue them and keep making them even though I'm 100% confident they'd sound like complete horseshit to anyone other than myself.

that feeling you are listening to something and the hairs on your back stand up.

i don't know if it's possible for me because listening to my music i'm always listening with different ears because i know the track technically.

BUT, it would be an accomplishment to get THAT FEELING.

discuss

All my tracks are amazing, why bother pursuing a noise that doesn't give you the joyous shivers.

Actually yeah, from all my tracks. That's the only reason I pursue them and keep making them even though I'm 100% confident they'd sound like complete horseshit to anyone other than myself.

Oh look, my post is almost verbatum to bulk's, muscly minds think alike. Well except i don't bother with modesty anymore. hahar.

Often from the first decent rough mix, but usually by the time I'm done with it I've heard it so many times it takes a few years of not listening to it at all before it can do that again.

Listening to it on an unfamiliar system can help though.

I only get this with a handful of tracks, even by my favourite artists, so I don't expect it from myself too often but occasionally it comes along. This is one that sometimes gives me goosebumps. Although the Farscape sample helps, hah. Otherwise it tends to be my guitar improv stuff, because there's something more subconscious about that, so occasionally I get into a vibe and it suddenly resonates. But generally I write music that's more atmospheric and soundscapey than directly emotional, so the rush isn't the same.

I just take chords and the scale from a track that creates these feelings in me and then create my own track with it and then have them with my own track. its not that hard. 

Guest Chesney

Quite often. If you can't get a hard on over your own music every now and again then your making the wrong music.

Does not mean you think your music is the best thing in the world, just means you're heading in the right direction with what you should be doing for yourself.

As far as other people's stuff, it usually comes from unpolished, flawed old psych obscurities that probably wouldn't do it for most people.

A few perennial ones for me:

EDIT: also Orange Claw Hammer by Captain Beefheart.  So much.

I get that feeling a lot when i'm making a track. Usually, on the day after I've worked on a tune, my ears are fresh and I found out that I've been writing a giant turd. The highs and lows of making music. It's quite manic, but usually fun.

Sometimes I'll make a song that totally blows my socks off and gives me the warm and fuzzies. Like any special track from any other artist, I'll then continue to play it over and over until I 'wear it out.' Then in attempt to get some warm and fuzzies back, I'll start listening to the song 'through the ears of others.'

Yes.Sometimes.A good half of the tracks i made i would say affect me quite a lot.It's coming from me and my soul after all.

It's quite normal that you like your stuff if you are not completely a beginner.That's why i do it.To have stuff i like to listen to.

And i've made myself cry a couple times too.But that's the rarest stuff.Like only 6 or 7 tracks out of many hundreds did that.

Sometimes you gotta go outside yourself to experience yourself...  But I dunno if Mike P gets Hasty Boom Alert more than people who bought it on some format, or if he gets it less; or just gets it differently.  It's weird cuz we put out stuff in this world with sincerest intentions, but who knows just how differently some people are enjoying others' works.  Like Michael Jackson wanted to be in the film Men In Black II (and was), cuz he watched the first film and thought it was a drama (he cried at the ending).

Fuck- a Michael Jackson and Mike Paradinas collab would've been dope.

Archived