IGNORED

Burial - Young Death / Nightmarket

berndspring1974

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rival Dealer tied with Untrue for my favourite Burial release so I'm stoked. Temple Sleeper was pretty terrible mind. But I'm sure this will be excellent.

Fucking lol at the accidental release. This almost beats Red Dwarf accidentally printing forthcoming series 12's titles on the series 11 BluRay for cock-up of the year. "Whoops we didn't know it wasn't released yet"

Rival Dealer tied with Untrue for my favourite Burial release so I'm stoked. Temple Sleeper was pretty terrible mind. But I'm sure this will be excellent.

Fucking lol at the accidental release. This almost beats Red Dwarf accidentally printing forthcoming series 12's titles on the series 11 BluRay for cock-up of the year. "Whoops we didn't know it wasn't released yet"

Dunno about that. Garden of Delete had one utterly fucked up release. Major label too.

Dunno about that. Garden of Delete had one utterly fucked up release. Major label too.

that was 2015 tho

and yea temple sleeper is gr8, specially considering the EP that preceded it

Temple Sleeper was pretty terrible mind.

Why does everyone say this? i like that track :shrug:

it has some cool hardcore influence

I think the UK sound that burial is putting to rest is the garage, dnb, dubstep vibe. Hardcore seems out of place, more German vibe imo.

I don't think he shows some ultimate understanding of the sound as the other things he's explored. He does not see this sound laid to rest. At 4:11 it seems burial is turning in on himself and trying to not bury a sound but revive shitty old school rave.

I LOVE burial, but I think this sound is disconnected.

A shame for Hyperdub that the surprise was ruined yet again, but anyway, assuming the leaks are legit (and they sound it, even though the guy who did it ripped it at the wrong speed) then the outro arpeggio is straight sampled from this, with the obligatory vinyl crackle

Always liked that Rabit tune. John Carpenter meets VHS Head.

Temple Sleeper was pretty terrible mind.

Why does everyone say this? i like that track :shrug:

it has some cool hardcore influence

I think the UK sound that burial is putting to rest is the garage, dnb, dubstep vibe. Hardcore seems out of place, more German vibe imo.

I don't think he shows some ultimate understanding of the sound as the other things he's explored. He does not see this sound laid to rest. At 4:11 it seems burial is turning in on himself and trying to not bury a sound but revive shitty old school rave.

I LOVE burial, but I think this sound is disconnected.

I agree with you that he should put that sound to rest and do something different, he's too talented to be doing shuffly garage drums for the rest of his life and I think he's done that perfectly on Rival Dealer and Temple Sleeper.

I don't know what Germany has to do with UK Hardcore tbh but maybe you're thinking about Hardcore Techno. Pretty much in every interview he has ever done he mentioned UK Hardcore and Jungle as his biggest influence and the vibe he has been going for since the beggining, i.e. Foul Play, Omni Trio, etc.

One of the interviews, he mentions it a few times:

http://www.thewire.co.uk/in-writing/interviews/burial_unedited-transcript

I think Burial making "shitty old school rave" (quite a disrespectful way to look at probably the most important part of UK dance music imo) makes perfect sense and he's able to do that while still sounding like Burial.

Archived