IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from a couple of heavy down pours London has been dry as a bone for months and this week looks settled, I'm not sure I'd get too stressed about turning up to a filthy, foul mud pit. On the other hand I wouldn't turn up in you best, expensive sneakers.

I checked the weather this morning and it said rain, wet pissy feet suck so I'll be wearing the ol' trusty Dr. Marten's.

Apart from a couple of heavy down pours London has been dry as a bone for months and this week looks settled, I'm not sure I'd get too stressed about turning up to a filthy, foul mud pit. On the other hand I wouldn't turn up in you best, expensive sneakers.

any sorta grass is gonna get churned up into mud with thousands of pairs of feet trampling it, even for a day, for some reason I thought London would be immune because ????

wet pissy feet protection discussion most idm 2017

I have no idea where they get the info about ' The NTS website features a countdown to the set and clips of unreleased Aphex Twin music. '

But if this turns out to be true I'm gonna flip!

How early do you think we need to be in the Barn to secure entrance. One full it is one out one in apparently but there are other acts I want to see before.

Good question, was wondering the same thing... 

How early do you think we need to be in the Barn to secure entrance. One full it is one out one in apparently but there are other acts I want to see before.

reckon about beginning of nina's set. got a feelin most people at ninas will just be waiting for aphex. itll fill up fast as soon as aphex starts and you wont be able to get to the front

given there are a bunch of big acts on at the same time it mightn't be that bad.

weather forecast seems to be improving a bit, chance of rain has gone down, might be just a bit of light rain.

given there are a bunch of big acts on at the same time it mightn't be that bad.

weather forecast seems to be improving a bit, chance of rain has gone down, might be just a bit of light rain.

Yes, Slowdive for instance

The Barn has a capacity of 10,000 and from what I can tell Field Day has a capacity of 30,000 (but it's not sold out). With Run the Jewels also headlining at the same time....I'd imagine it'll be ok. 

weather forecast is warm and sunny, with a light westerly breeze

if it stays like that, it will be perfect (outside The Barn of course)

Death Grips and a refreshing beer on a sunny afternoon  :cool: 

I'm heading to his Forbidden Fruit show the day after Field Day...it's probably already been discussed, but does anyone know if he'll actually be playing live?

any goss on his live rig? :emb:

Death Grips and a refreshing beer on a sunny afternoon  :cool:

I dunno why I found The Grips on at 5 in the afternoon so funny really

I'm heading to his Forbidden Fruit show the day after Field Day...it's probably already been discussed, but does anyone know if he'll actually be playing live?

He's not played live since the 97 era I believe except for the Polynomial-C snippet at DfN.... 

If he did a live set I'd be amazed and thrilled - but he's DJ and its all about his particular  pace, vibe, buildups, drops and selection of tracks and quirky samples 

Ps I'm doing the double too... what flight you on Sunday?

He's not played live since the 97 era I believe except for the Polynomial-C snippet at DfN.... 

If he did a live set I'd be amazed and thrilled - but he's DJ and its all about his particular  pace, vibe, buildups, drops and selection of tracks and quirky samples 

Ps I'm doing the double too... what flight you on Sunday?

Ah tis' a shame it'll be purely DJ...or could there be an outside chance it's different given it's his first big tour in recent years?... even using the odd bit of kit along with the DJ mixing :emotawesomepm9:

Whoa fair play to you for doing the double! Afraid i'm only doing FF, heading to Kraftwerk on Friday so that'll be plenty.

Hope you wont be too wrecked from travel and various other ingestibles to enjoy the shows :beer:

I was under the impression it was definitely going to be a live show but looking back at the thread I think it was only implied as a possibility by ......joyrex......

Death Grips and a refreshing beer on a sunny afternoon :cool:

I dunno why I found The Grips on at 5 in the afternoon so funny really

Yep it seems a bit surreal

I was under the impression it was definitely going to be a live show but looking back at the thread I think it was only implied as a possibility by ......joyrex......

Maybe implied as possible, potentially  somewhat ... 

Archived