IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought my ticket a week ago... Can anybody tell me more about the festival and what to expect? Like how many stages are there and what are the chances Nicolas Jaar Flying Lotus and Aphex will be playing simultaneously? Not that it's a hard choice, but I'd still be glad if I could see some of the other names and of course Forest Swords... 

go and see for yourself ! also I´m pretty sure you will get a flyer with informations at the entrance.

Seriously thinking of making a go of this even though I live in the states.  Was so bummed I wasn't able to see DFN, I want to make this happen.

Any reason to expect tickets to sell out soon?

If you're willing to travel that far, you might as well trek a bit further and do Primavera instead. Insane line-up and a far better festival experience than Field Day, from what many people have said.

I'm going to Field Day myself, but only cos I'm a train journey away from the big smoke. Can't really afford the flight to Barca as much as I'd love to go!

But to answer your question, it doesn't look like tickets will be selling out anytime soon...

If you're willing to travel that far, you might as well trek a bit further and do Primavera instead. Insane line-up and a far better festival experience than Field Day, from what many people have said.

I'm going to Field Day myself, but only cos I'm a train journey away from the big smoke. Can't really afford the flight to Barca as much as I'd love to go!

Well I'm actually expecting to be in Barcelona for work towards the end of May (hence London being a bit easier to get to if I stick around a while), so I thought about Primavera.  But generally I don't like big music festivals, so I wouldn't want to do a multi-day festival.  And we don't know which day AFX is playing either.  But the line-up certainly had some interesting acts so I'd consider doing it.  My guess is though that he'll play London on June 3 and Barcelona on June 4 (and then on to Portugal).

I really want to go to this. I really need to become... self-employed ... so I can schedule more time for these festivals...

yeh my dream too - so many pros (time off, independence) .... and cons (insecurity, hustling etc). 

Seriously need to look into education career  - summers-the-fuck-off-work :p

I have concerns about the sound, last few outdoor one's in London sounded like someone playing music from the back of the bus, but I'm sure it'll be done. 

I have concerns about the sound, last few outdoor one's in London sounded like someone playing music from the back of the bus, but I'm sure it'll be done.

Yeah rightly so - I gave up on field day after a couple of visits. Residential sound limits mean everything is pretty quiet and for the outdoor acts unless you push your way to the front you're just listening to everything phasing in and out with the wind.

Yeah rightly so - I gave up on field day after a couple of visits. Residential sound limits mean everything is pretty quiet and for the outdoor acts unless you push your way to the front you're just listening to everything phasing in and out with the wind.

I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts on this if they've been to prior events here.

I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts on this if they've been to prior events here.

That's actually a good point, aphex will almost def be on the main stage which has not been covered in previous years and the sound is not great as a consequence. Sound in the tents is fine tho imo

That's actually a good point, aphex will almost def be on the main stage which has not been covered in previous years and the sound is not great as a consequence. Sound in the tents is fine tho imo

"Aphex Twin has been confirmed to headline next year’s Field Day with a performance in The Barn, a brand new indoor stage for the London festival."

That's from Factmag.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that RDJ builds studios in his free time I do not think he would agree to play with a shitty sound system.

Anyway, got my tickets and I'm very excited!

Because building studios in your free time obviously means you are an audiophile who is aware of the quality of every sound system in every venue beforehand?

Obviously.

Considering that RDJ builds studios in his free time I do not think he would agree to play with a shitty sound system.

Because building studios in your free time obviously means you are an audiophile who is aware of the quality of every sound system in every venue beforehand?

Obviously.

I didn't say that, just assuming he probably cares abut what he puts out their under the name of Aphex Twin... I'm not sure why are you being mean :D

Obviously.

I didn't say that, just assuming he probably cares abut what he puts out their under the name of Aphex Twin... I'm not sure why are you being mean :D

Only joking, but these things are usually not out of his control?

Also, to assume this festival will have a shitty soundsystem beforehand rubs me the wrong way (maybe because I paid good money for a ticket : dadjoke: ).

Let's hope they all have their shit together :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived