IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

Missed train home, had to sit on the street outside Waterloo for 7 hours waiting for the next one. Boring to say the least...

Ah that's fucking shit. On the bright side, at least it didn't rain lol

Yep (apart the bloke rubbing his arse crack up and down my leg lol) I thought it was pretty decent festival. There seemed a lot of fashion victims there just for a day out (they didn't look like AFX, Slowdive or RTJ fans) but that's no biggie. I'd definitely think about going next year if the line-up is worth it.

Yeah, some proper casualties there. Overheard some lass scream "OOH I LOVE THIS ONE" when Rich dropped that (then-unheard) track off the Field Day LP in his set.

But yep I'd definitely go again if they can pull in another solid line-up.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it a super-well organised and very chill festival with plenty of space/food/bars and toilets - great crowd - really shows up the Irish festivals which tend to have no space and agro crowds. Why do you think I go abroad for braindance? ( Wish RDJ would do single shows again)

For my aphex review of FD and FF  check snareup.com  - discord - this Saturday for the weekly radioshow with Whitleystriber and myself and guests shooting the breeze on all things Aphexian  - Kattin can't make unfortunately

I found it a super-well organised and very chill festival with plenty of space/food/bars and toilets - great crowd - really shows up the Irish festivals which tend to have no space and agro crowds. Why do you think I go abroad for braindance? ( Wish RDJ would do single shows again)

For my aphex review of FD and FF check snareup.com - discord - this Saturday for the weekly radioshow with Whitleystriber and myself and guests shooting the breeze on all things Aphexian - Kattin can't make unfortunately

Loving the casual advertisement dropping. You better have the goodgoods Saturday.

I forgot to mention before, but man did Window Peeper killlllll when it got played

Yeah I was thinking about this today. Didn't he say that was one of his earliest tracks? Cunt had rave in his veins from the very beginning <3

I forgot to mention before, but man did Window Peeper killlllll when it got played

Yeah I was thinking about this today. Didn't he say that was one of his earliest tracks? Cunt had rave in his veins from the very beginning <3

It was early, '87/'88 although he refers to making tracks before it.

In the London Field set, it came after a fair chunk of arguably difficult material, so it was extra banging.

The cover art of that bootleg AB1-5 vinyl looks an awfull lot like the new art for those t shirt and visuals

( i actualy think it,s a coïncidence, butt had to mention:)

It was early, '87/'88 although he refers to making tracks before it.

In the London Field set, it came after a fair chunk of arguably difficult material, so it was extra banging.

Very satisfied when I sang the "whos that peeping in my windows" bit and the raver next to us gave me the "props to you" eye/hand gesture :P

• 4 weeks later...

Here, five electronic producers who have had their tunes played by Aphex in the last 12 months talk about the experience and celebrate the lasting impact of his self-governed art.

http://crackmagazine.net/article/music/five-producers-getting-track-played-aphex-twin/

Nice article!

Here, five electronic producers who have had their tunes played by Aphex in the last 12 months talk about the experience and celebrate the lasting impact of his self-governed art.

http://crackmagazine.net/article/music/five-producers-getting-track-played-aphex-twin/

Nice article!

cool :cool: 

• 4 weeks later...

GODDAMNIT!!!!! I finaly found those exclusive GLITTER Field day T-shirts..... BUT THERE ONLY IN ZISE S !

SHIT! I never where afx shirts, but this one i would realy rock! 

Anyway, here,s a link for all of the tiny afx fans amongst u...

https://bleep.com/release/85913-aphex-twin-exclusive-field-day-t-shirt-navy-blue

There,s a red one too...

https://bleep.com/release/85905-aphex-twin-exclusive-field-day-t-shirt-red

Also S ):

Archived