IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible due to my my juvenile mind, one of the definite hi-lights was the creepy cheerleader Rich + Window peeper combo....and then awwww spinning rhubear. CW tracks were sweet too. Got shivers down my spine when I heard the first teasers of Garden Of Linmiri and knew what was coming next. And the 303 part on Squarepusher Ceephax Mix, must have been a godlike moment at the place.

Yeah alright. Gonna rip it now. Give me an hour. Btw it's 1am so pls recognise my good idm deed xxx

Infinite thanks! Finished downloading and starting to listen to them now! :yeah:

first rule of a mosh pit? lace up your sneakers nice and tight.

there were at least 3 people who learnt the hard way and must of gone home without a shoe as they were being tossed up in the air during Death Grips flol

Great day. Nice to meet more of the chatmm crew. Weather was glorious. Nice food and beer. The RA tent had bad sound, Kaitlyn auerlia smith sounded ok, but machine drum suffered a lot from it - he played some great new tracks though, especially liked that 140 bpm slow jam. Caught a bit of mu ziq's set, shit sound there too, Silver Apples after that was really good though. Crush in the barn for afx was insane, was up the front/left side, actually felt dangerous at time, bailed after 40 mins, sound at the back by the doors was just as good. Listening to the amen warrior rip (cheers!) now in bed with sore feet and a mid hangover.

first rule of a mosh pit? lace up your sneakers nice and tight.

there were at least 3 people who learnt the hard way and must of gone home without a shoe as they were being tossed up in the air during Death Grips flol

Dude you spot Morin getting hit on the head with one of the shoes? 10/10 aim

Loved mike's set, don't understand the shitty sound quality though. Deserved much better than that.

Asked around tons of people but did not meet any one from watmm, too bad.

Beerwolf, I bought the vinyl without even thinking about it and protected it with my life for the whole day. It was a bit of a hassle but so worth it.

Any news on Slowdive? There were a few people I chatted too while getting a beer who were really looking forward to see them. 

Surprised Aphex managed to pull such a huge crowd, I was on the right hand side in the front half, back up against the side wall (there was a line of us who just wanted to watch and listen to the set) without getting rammed in a middle of a crowd. There was one annoying little gimp out of his head who kept rubbing his arse up and down my leg for about 10 minutes flol, (he was dancing like a chicken hahah). In the end I just pointed my elbow into him, it took a while before the discomfort started to register and he sort of jigged off with bent knees, flapping wing arms and a pecking head into the crowd Buck, Buck...Buck....BuckAhhh!!

yeah, mike p was playing good tracks, but you could only hear them if you were stood directly in front of the shitty little speakers, and even then there was loads of bleed in from the other stages

pretty troll move from afx, all these people that gotta take care of that precious vinyl the whole day not trying to bump into people

I was thinking the same thing, but was very grateful they put it on a lush bag with logo.

Was this the case in Houston as well?

Escaped the horrors of National Rail and back home. I was really pessimistic about this event but the lineup was ace. Soundsystems were a bit naff save maybe for The Barn (And even then had some muddy bass moments during AFX) but I don't really expect too much from these sorts of festivals... sorry to hear some of yall got crushed a bit too. I honestly don't think an enclosed space like that was a smart idea, he really does pull a majority of the crowds. I had a great time at the front, not much crushing, just a few ~*FrEe SpIrIts*~ getting in the face. Third time I've gone to an Aphex show now and this has been easily the best, fantastic stuff. Sorry for missing the little impromptu meet near the RA tent, got distracted by ABRA (pls no judge) and Forest Swords.

Vinyl got back okay aside from the sleeve corners bent to hell, whoops! Can't wait to piece my brain back together with it.

yeah, mike p was playing good tracks, but you could only hear them if you were stood directly in front of the shitty little speakers, and even then there was loads of bleed in from the other stages

It was a bad idea to have so many stages so close to each other - lots of bleedthrough. i missed Mike P because after watching Kode9 I could barely hear the set from 10 foot away. then went in to see Silver Apples and could hear the bandstand set playing in there. sound was generally pretty shitty everywhere except for in the barn. AFX was tremendous, but the crowd was unpleasant to say the least, everyone elbowing forward to get on the internet stream. I have to say the cliche of London crowds being twats was very true from what I saw. Special props to the guy who braved the mental crushes at the front of AFX to sell MD, youre doing God's work son.

Sorry if this is old news but does anyone have audio of the show.. that isn' ripped from the NTS feed? Curious if there is something floating around out there that isn't in mono and without the constant stutters. 

Archived