IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H A U L

jJMnPqi.jpg

1Yt4Q9p.jpg

wtf they were selling cats too???

the doctor says: low volume terrorcore for richy. needs to watch his ears.

not sure it's terrorcore unless its loud enough that it feels like your brain is going to shut down

i havent been following the thread so i don't know if this has been discussed already, but has anyone who went to field day noticed you could win some sort of aphex goodie bag by milking two cardboard cows somewhere in an obscure corner?

anyone got that? because i couldnt be bothered

i havent been following the thread so i don't know if this has been discussed already, but has anyone who went to field day noticed you could win some sort of aphex goodie bag by milking two cardboard cows somewhere in an obscure corner?

I remember seeing that. The goodie bag was 5 Aphex records. Nothing special though, just the usual suspects (Syro, Cheetah, etc.)

wtf ?

Yeah I saw that too, some bird was waving about Syro trying to entice people into playing. Even half-cut I couldn't be arsed.

Yeah i saw him do it after the gig. I couldn't believe my eyes. When he got down all kind of security were waiting for him. Before reaching the ground he waved his fist to the crowd ?. Then started running, don't know if he was caught our not...

Surprised Aphex managed to pull such a huge crowd, I was on the right hand side in the front half, back up against the side wall (there was a line of us who just wanted to watch and listen to the set) without getting rammed in a middle of a crowd. There was one annoying little gimp out of his head who kept rubbing his arse up and down my leg for about 10 minutes flol, (he was dancing like a chicken hahah). In the end I just pointed my elbow into him, it took a while before the discomfort started to register and he sort of jigged off with bent knees, flapping wing arms and a pecking head into the crowd Buck, Buck...Buck....BuckAhhh!!

Overall I thought Field Day was great.  Pretty good chill vibe, generally plenty of room.  The park was huge (I saw the tents from the airplane coming in to London!), the portapotties were numerous, and I appreciated the proliferation of good food tents and craft beer.  I agree with comments about noise bleed, particularly for the bandstand.  I saw BEAK, Forest Swords, Muziq, Mura Masa, (some I'm forgetting), SURVIVE, and Aphex Twin.  The latter was amazing of course; a few moments were super mind blowing.  I agree that the crowd was pretty irritating though - pulled me out of the total immersion of the music and sound.

Nobody mentioned the terror attacks shutting down most of the trains - LOTS of folks had a hard time getting home.  We walked a very long way and even 30-45 mins out I heard a guy humming Lisbon Acid.

Surprised Aphex managed to pull such a huge crowd, I was on the right hand side in the front half, back up against the side wall (there was a line of us who just wanted to watch and listen to the set) without getting rammed in a middle of a crowd. There was one annoying little gimp out of his head who kept rubbing his arse up and down my leg for about 10 minutes flol, (he was dancing like a chicken hahah). In the end I just pointed my elbow into him, it took a while before the discomfort started to register and he sort of jigged off with bent knees, flapping wing arms and a pecking head into the crowd Buck, Buck...Buck....BuckAhhh!!

Overall I thought Field Day was great.  Pretty good chill vibe, generally plenty of room.  The park was huge (I saw the tents from the airplane coming in to London!), the portapotties were numerous, and I appreciated the proliferation of good food tents and craft beer.  I agree with comments about noise bleed, particularly for the bandstand.  I saw BEAK, Forest Swords, Muziq, Mura Masa, (some I'm forgetting), SURVIVE, and Aphex Twin.  The latter was amazing of course; a few moments were super mind blowing.  I agree that the crowd was pretty irritating though - pulled me out of the total immersion of the music and sound.

Nobody mentioned the terror attacks shutting down most of the trains - LOTS of folks had a hard time getting home.  We walked a very long way and even 30-45 mins out I heard a guy humming Lisbon Acid.

I agree, I'd never been to Field Day before but I thought it was a very well organised fest with great vibes. Weather was amazing too!

Took an hour to get back to the hotel after the trains n tubes were closed. Downed 2 litres of water on the way back, proper dehydrated after the 'phex lol. Feel bad for the people who were planning on travelling home the same night, bet that was a right ballache

I agree, I'd never been to Field Day before but I thought it was a very well organised fest with great vibes. Weather was amazing too!

Took an hour to get back to the hotel after the trains n tubes were closed. Downed 2 litres of water on the way back, proper dehydrated after the 'phex lol. Feel bad for the people who were planning on travelling home the same night, bet that was a right ballache

Missed train home, had to sit on the street outside Waterloo for 7 hours waiting for the next one. Boring to say the least...

I had 'phex playing in my head the whole time though, could have been worse. :)

Yep (apart the bloke rubbing his arse crack up and down my leg lol) I thought it was pretty decent festival. There seemed a lot of fashion victims there just for a day out (they didn't look like AFX, Slowdive or RTJ fans) but that's no biggie. I'd definitely think about going next year if the line-up is worth it.

Archived