IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

Hmmmm....I think the fact that afx is the first act in the barn indicates a massive show with some kind of decor.....

Only he's the last act in the barn :^)

aye, I was a confused on first look too, no idea why they opted for bottom up order.

Ahhh... Yeah :biggrin:....  That seems a bit more logic aswel......

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slowdive, Hunee, AFX and Omar Souleyman are all overlapping, as are Kaitlyn Smith and Idris Ackamoor and Mike P, Silver Apples and Moodymann. This is pretty much a worst case scenario for me. At least I can chill at Lena Willekens and maybe Flying Lotus but I'll just wing it all, just where the fun / beer is. 

I am also disappoint.  There's not a TON of acts I really want to see there, but generally they are overlapping.  At least BEAK> is playing in a relatively clean timeslot.

So dunno if this has been discussed yet as it's a major shot in the dark but...

...which of you valiant attendees would be willing to take orders from your WATMM brethren for any exclusive vinyl they have there? I know i'd be heavily willing to pay shipping and a lil finders fee to get it in my collection

I also realize this is asking a lot but it's worth a try i guess  :aphexsign:

Hey new member here! My gf and I are going to see AFX at Primavera Barcelona and I hope to have a spare exclusive vinyl that they should be selling. If anyone who is going to Field Day and will have an extra vinyl for that show to trade please let me know!

Do we def know each festival appearance is gonna have a 12"? What was the deal is texas,was there a merch stand or something? I will try and get as many as I can for any watmm crew (if I even find them before they're all sold out)

:)

Hey new member here! My gf and I are going to see AFX at Primavera Barcelona and I hope to have a spare exclusive vinyl that they should be selling. If anyone who is going to Field Day and will have an extra vinyl for that show to trade please let me know!

Hi there, mattymo. Welcome to  :aphexsign::braindance:  W  :aphexsign:  :mu-ziq:  A  :aphexsign::rhubear1:  T  :aphexsign::snares:  M  :aphexsign::music:  M 

Good plan.... I,m not going to Field day, butt am going to Forbidden Fruit. I,m hoping there wil be exclusive treats aswell........ If i manage to get extra,s i will let u know! 

Do we def know each festival appearance is gonna have a 12"? What was the deal is texas,was there a merch stand or something? I will try and get as many as I can for any watmm crew (if I even find them before they're all sold out)

It was just chilling at the general fest merch table next to Syro and Cheetah vinyls

So, are any of u Fanboys or girls planning to tour to ALL the worldwide shows this year? to personally collect all those hype trinkets?(: 

18766050_10155425638035820_7270075224872

barn stage. get ur wellies out coz its gunna get filthy in both ways!!!!

legit hadnt thought of that, was gonna show up in casuals like a dolt

the barn looks cool though I do wish it was open air or something

Phew, AFX on at a reasonable time. I was thinking this would be headlined well into the night. The missus bought 2 tickets and she's not a massive fan of this kind of music.. until Saturday of course, heh  :aphexsign:

Forest Swords, Yung Travis, Micky Pierce and then Dicky J for me.

I went to the booth wanting to buy a shirt and noticed they had four records out: Cheetah EP, Syro, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2, and some white label. I asked what the white label was and they said "I dunno but they said it's exclusive to this festival" which was more than enough to activate an Aphex boner

I will say some of them seemed kinda strict on the whole one per customer thing, but the line wasn't particularly crazy so it would have been easy to get more than one if you really wanted. Of course, everybody is gunna expect an exclusive vinyl this time around, so it may be different. Also i went to the booth within like an hour of gates, which was well before all the buzz picked up. I think they said they had 400 copies for the festival, $15 a piece

I went to the booth wanting to buy a shirt and noticed they had four records out: Cheetah EP, Syro, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2, and some white label. I asked what the white label was and they said "I dunno but they said it's exclusive to this festival" which was more than enough to activate an Aphex boner

I will say some of them seemed kinda strict on the whole one per customer thing, but the line wasn't particularly crazy so it would have been easy to get more than one if you really wanted. Of course, everybody is gunna expect an exclusive vinyl this time around, so it may be different. Also i went to the booth within like an hour of gates, which was well before all the buzz picked up. I think they said they had 400 copies for the festival, $15 a piece

Nice... 

If this is the case in London, I really hope I'll be on time for the opening... 

Phew, AFX on at a reasonable time. I was thinking this would be headlined well into the night.

There's quite a lot of residential buildings surrounding the field so alas they can't do a 'well into the night' length festival

I'd bring a change in shoes just in case. The year I went it pissed it down around lunchtime (With Fennesz slowly shuffling his laptop setup further and further from the stage edge so as to not get it wet!) and though not crazy boggy it did get kinda squelchy in places. Not as bad as the area 'round the men's toilets though - Think people just pissed on the floor instead, got proper nasty by the early evening!

Phew, AFX on at a reasonable time. I was thinking this would be headlined well into the night.

There's quite a lot of residential buildings surrounding the field so alas they can't do a 'well into the night' length festival

I'd bring a change in shoes just in case. The year I went it pissed it down around lunchtime (With Fennesz slowly shuffling his laptop setup further and further from the stage edge so as to not get it wet!) and though not crazy boggy it did get kinda squelchy in places. Not as bad as the area 'round the men's toilets though - Think people just pissed on the floor instead, got proper nasty by the early evening!

yikes, cheers for the advice

Damn...packing light for Europe travel (including work) means I definitely only have the wrong kind of shoes : (

Archived