IGNORED

Instrumental Hip Hop with a lot of scratching

dingformung

I'm looking for some good instrumental Hip Hop with a lot of crazy scratching sounds. I know Madlib, DJ Cam, DJ Krush, DJ Shadow etc. but are there any artists that specifically specialized on scratching? Any recommendations?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

well there's Qbert, but recommending Qbert on a scratching thread is like recommending Led Zeppelin on a rock thread

Well the least we can do is recommend some of our favorite Q-Bert no?  I still bump Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze Musik on da regular.

Also, Ko-Wreck technique was a pretty cool collab between Push Button Objects & DJ Craze back from 2000

Google turntablists / turntablism, lots of folks to be found. I've always liked the dudes in the X-ecutioners (= Total Eclipse, DJ Boogie Blind, DJ Precision,  Mista Sinista, Rob Swift, and Roc Raida) , also check out mix master mike (dj'd with the Beasties). 

To much to be found on youtubes.

AFAIK this is the only Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince cut to ever make it into one of Autechre's 12-hr mixes...

Funny to think that one of the best djs of all tiem was a recurring punchline on Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Archived