IGNORED

that one hipster house genre

marian

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Listened to that EP and DJ Swagger's other EP on spotify and I have to say there's a little more finesse to his tracks, more creative looping of the vocal samples he used and not just a reliable 4/4 + lo fi production. More akin to Actress or more seasoned producers. 

yeah and there seems to be a rumor floating around that hes 12 which resonates with those on these forums who want to know who's behind steinvord, heorge garrision and the like. also spec that it actually martin garrix too.. and dj aedidias or whatever seems to be conjoined to swagger "at the hip", probably the same person, but could just as easily be a close friend/fellow dope producer. the general identity they (swagger and aedidias) seem to be projecting is two millennial hustlers in russia and/or germany well edjucated in underground 90 hip hop culture who produce too dope of beats to be possible but the subject matter and style in which it's done is still super fresh. idk, wtf it is but it's def a new form of house, i feel, and they've got it fucking cornered m8

yeah and there seems to be a rumor floating around that hes 12 which resonates with those on these forums who want to know who's behind steinvord, heorge garrision and the like. also spec that it actually martin garrix too.. and dj aedidias or whatever seems to be conjoined to swagger "at the hip", probably the same person, but could just as easily be a close friend/fellow dope producer. the general identity they (swagger and aedidias) seem to be projecting is two millennial hustlers in russia and/or germany well edjucated in underground 90 hip hop culture who produce too dope of beats to be possible but the subject matter and style in which it's done is still super fresh. idk, wtf it is but it's def a new form of house, i feel, and they've got it fucking cornered m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b3UwrqaEQE

Wow really cool track. The way those 909 drums jack and the processing on them are unlike anything I've heard. So simple and straightforward but incredibly raw and intense while still maintaining ultra smooth transients and tones. I only listened on my iphone speakers and could gather all that just from them. I wouldnt even call it lo fi house tbh, this is a stylish (and of course underground) house masterpeice.

My local mates which are younger than me for ~6 years and run their own label and do pretty big local festival were not interested in my recent stuff but when they heard my 13-10 yrs old tracks they gone really mad and decided to print this as 12" EP. I made most of them in 2004 when i was obsessed with Baby Ford's stuff (via German labels ForceTracks and Background Records) i also heard Rephlex's represses of Humanoid, Stakker Eurotechno and 808 State's Newbuild this time. I was also obsessed with history of rave, psychoactive chemistry, chicagoesque drum patterns and so on.

And yeah all ITB. 

EDIT: Ah also original title of that track was European Detroit Counterfeit

32598957533_fc09d4a4bd_o.png

lel

btw i had to play a gig not so long time ago. oh god how i'm old for this shit!

https://goo.gl/photos/W7gVT9HzgFKuMnZK9

nah it's def lofi house. pop in in those earbuds/phonez, bud... :wink:

anthem. bassline...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTxlNkgj3k0

ÆDIDIAS' poduction is impecc

Haha yeah not literally saying its not lo fi house, just that like its so good it transcends the whole scene/trend thing, the same way one would'nt refer to the beatles as psych/garage or to U2 as indie pop / shoegaze lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived