IGNORED

that one hipster house genre

marian

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Quiet House"... House music that's reserved, non rowdy, gentle, careful, precise, and mixed and mastered at moderate to low output gain, with as much headroom as possible. Not to be confused with: chill house, microhouse, lo fi house, downtempo

"Quiet House"... House music that's reserved, non rowdy, gentle, careful, precise, and mixed and mastered at moderate to low output gain, with as much headroom as possible. Not to be confused with: chill house, microhouse, lo fi house, downtempo

I found one of my tracks on a SoundCloud playlist called "art gallery house"

I found one of my tracks on a SoundCloud playlist called "art gallery house"

Lol thats great.. And actually somewhat fitting imo for some of the (brilliant) work ive heard of yours.

wow^^

sounds like shit on my beyerdynamic dt880s

he needs to run it thru fabfilter and cutoff everything above 7khz with a -24db filter imo

also there needs to be better samples and it is too slow to dance to at a NYE party and the loop is pretty boring!

3/10 did not finish listening

tbh never liked first floor but THIS track always did it for me in a big way. also has some nice hiss the whole time. cant stand house tracks with dead silence. 

wow^^

sounds like shit on my beyerdynamic dt880s

he needs to run it thru fabfilter and cutoff everything above 7khz with a -24db filter imo

also there needs to be better samples and it is too slow to dance to at a NYE party and the loop is pretty boring!

3/10 did not finish listening

tbh never liked first floor but THIS track always did it for me in a big way. also has some nice hiss the whole time. cant stand house tracks with dead silence. 

I fuckin love "How I Feel" for similar reasons you dislike Metaphor so we'll have to agree to disagree - Metaphor has to be pitched up to the max on a technics & even then its not really dancefloor fodder is it, in fact if you have tried to play it out like i did once at about 8am it cleared the floor entirely, but on a lazy sunday afternoon after a weekend of debauchery? fuck yeah, even for the commute, traveling, work, the occasional herbal cigarette, smack habit etc

its funny you mention technicalities cos it was hated on by a few folks over @ DJHistory b4 that forum expired for that very reason, quite divisive, with comments like "how the fuck can Theo P justify this level of production?", comparing it to much smoother releases, but it is what it is, even then its not an either/or answer. Theo P's productions, in fact all the 3rd wave Detroit gear, is worthy of a fred in of itself because A) the general quality control is unique at times, and B) theres quite a bit of it about. Surprised not to see/hear more of it linked up here tbh

that roughness in Metaphor has its own groove cos there is a groove & thats my only gripe with the majority of the wank in here, its not so much the *insert production aesthetic stats* that would bore the tits off a tree if you were forced to listen to it, but expand that notion to where it would be mixed live over extended periods of hours....try & imagine the horror of 1 episodic piece of fart rolling into the next til the whole room collectively shits itself

cool if yer a scat freak, tad problematic otherwise

its funny to me because lots of the beginning lofi names (specially canadian peeps) have devolved into a really bland "LIQUID HOUSE" that sounds like something an affluent white woman would enjoy during a gals night out at a sushi bar/lounge with $18 cocktails.

basically went full circle. my favs from the recent crop of house are still stuff like A Verdigris Reader by Huerco. really a great release that works at its own pace and definitely grooves.

the B1/Untitled track has some hazy strangeness going down, even if that in/out shuffle kick would make it hard work to mix

my personal House favourite this decade was the Sprinkles/Mark Fell "Complete Spiral" b-side off this.....whole of 1-side of a 12" that just doesnt stop grooving, so you get the best of both producers on that specific track & you can spend eons in the mix fkn around with it....no audio link of note sorry, works really well with specific Deepchord tracks

https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Sprinkles-Mark-Fell-Complete-Spiral-EP/release/3611534

I havent had a rummage around Vakula's gear from the last 6months or so, now THAT cunt can chug the thump

thats deeeeepest of deep House, Linkwood has/have been round for a while now, you could even expect to hear Larry Heard drop summat like that

not to intrude on the safe-place, but Linkwood (in an ideal world) maybe souldnt get lumped in with a lot of the wank here, check the Shevchenko release if you have the time/shekels/patience, equally Vakula put out some incredible House on that label, another producers who continues to maintain very high standards

Archived