IGNORED

that one hipster house genre

marian

thats deeeeepest of deep House, Linkwood has/have been round for a while now, you could even expect to hear Larry Heard drop summat like that

not to intrude on the safe-place, but Linkwood (in an ideal world) maybe souldnt get lumped in with a lot of the wank here, check the Shevchenko release if you have the time/shekels/patience, equally Vakula put out some incredible House on that label, another producers who continues to maintain very high standards

Cwm, there any deep house that's 2 deep for even you?? :D

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

despite the cheesy moniker, its impossible to be too deep eg: Ron Trent, equally however its attempted to be defined its the one area of House that when its done right doesnt seem to age, just as the new gear when is hits your archetypal center like a gong will still have groove & licks that make em worth the hunt

to get nerdlinger, if you look at the chronology of the influences on folks like Trent & Larry Heard & the longer you dig around those mid-80's Chicago tracks the more you get into early/mid 80's synth-heavy 4/4 precursors, its a kit/hardware & vinyl fetish too, thats an additional wtf with a lot of the music listed here - theres so much quality music out there that isnt that old in the big scheme of things, you could live a series of lifetimes & never "find it all"....maybe thats nostalgia creeping in for record hunting

1 example that never fails

some of the Balearic obsessives at The Ransom Note did a mint slice on specific House tracks & the biography of the search to find them, for someone who likes the vocal spectrum of things some of these are right up your street Lane (start with #1 obviously ;) )

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=01daWsboH42XkwWV7564Ag&q=house+hunting+ransom+note&oq=house+hunting+the+ranso&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30k1l2.1352.8469.0.11016.24.19.0.4.4.0.228.1605.17j0j2.19.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.23.1650.0..0j0i131k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.8H0HUUXy97k

horses for course though innit if people enjoy sifting thru producers who cluster around ironically boring audio, i can respect someone getting their hard-earned cash out & at least buying the the productions that supports producers rather than str8 piracy

no memes, sry

Yeah i guess thats like asking if something can be too funky or too lush lol, can never be too much. Would be funny though if something was "so good" i refuse to/cant listen to it haha

But yeah yazoo is good times, love all that 80s synthpop that had these precursor elements to more refined styles of dance as we know today. I think we can put erasure, new order, pet shop boys etc into that bucket as well... Esp the whole hacienda / acid house scene and how it sorta took, new wave, balearic, new beat and created a whole new sound. Slightly off topic but related, 808 State will always be, for me, one of the most important artists of the 80s-90s dance transition and which helped shape some of the house/acid tropes into that decade.

Cabaret Voltaire + Chris and Cosey did a lot of tremendous work bridging sound worlds. Dancing Ghosts is full on acid-driven House & thats 1982/83, Weatherall caned October Love Song plus the 86-Mix version & i could metaphorically jizz all day to Sensoria & everything RHK. The relationship between House & Industrial would be a good read.

Warp, Factory, Rough Trade, but the 2 power houses no pun intended were the northern/trans-Pennine 2 cos their scope was different.

You could even lob Temple Records in the mix somewhere, but GPO's ego kinda obscures their late 80's output.

There are others from across Europe, Italian cosmic soup, Alfredo in Ibiza, Nitzer Ebb, real cornucopia of influences.

Volcano kicked in about 5mins ago

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of Moon B somehow. Good stuff

Visited Lobster Theremin's London store yesterday and picked up this 12", good sheet

my pal Kyle Lyon. glad people are liking it.

• 4 weeks later...

Been getting into this myself a bit lately, put this out on Bandcamp but may be doing something soon through a label ^ this stuff's hifi compared to mine tho :)

Anyone else into Ex Terrestrial?

Been getting into this myself a bit lately, put this out on Bandcamp but may be doing something soon through a label ^ this stuff's hifi compared to mine tho :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQISnjQk-q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqn1_yqDZPg

Hell yes, Urth Man is so good. I made a thread in New Releases but I just figured it was too lo-fi for anyone to post in it

Sweet, just sent you a pre-made one.

Hell yes, Urth Man is so good. I made a thread in New Releases but I just figured it was too lo-fi for anyone to post in it

There's been a couple of great ET releases lately, another one on Temple Records I forgot the name of.. it's ace though!

Sweet, just sent you a pre-made one.

There's been a couple of great ET releases lately, another one on Temple Records I forgot the name of.. it's ace though!

Awesome. Was hoping ET would find a new home like Lnrdcroy did with Firecracker after 1080p dropped off the face of the earth.

Archived