IGNORED

that one hipster house genre

marian

shea your 'i was into it before it was cool' and 'check out my cool lofi friends' attitude is pretty cringe, just sayin

like it's not cringe to bring these facts up but the way you're handling it is a bit lol

nah knowing shea I think he's just a bit flabbergasted with the thread's title and direction of discussion while not only knowing a lot about this scene / genre but actually being a part of it. i mean hell I'm embarrassed I didn't immediately think of the term " lo fi house" as someone who is a fan with a fair amount of this stuff. 

sure it came off as a little off-putting but it's totally warranted imo

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I edited the posts to try and reign it in but I guess not enough.

oh I think I saw them post editing

oh well a bit of shit talking is a vital part of any good thread

in b4 "dis is still bad and dumb musics " dr lopez post

:cisfor:  i kid 

Sorry, I edited the posts to try and reign it in but I guess not enough.

its cool anyway, and i didn't wanna diss your or anyones scene, i was just genuinely intrigued by the music and associated style and maybe failed to make ironic statements clear when replying to other posts. i grabbed that huerco s lp when it was released cuz i loved actress and tried to find similar things but i didn't know what came out of that scene. so at least this thread gave me some info & stuff i didn't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway more muzik:

different scene i guess, more on the techno side of things, but an old favourite:

dear god, seems this was released today: http://www.factmag.com/2016/12/01/the-month-in-house-and-techno-lo-fi-house-2016/

Guest bitroast

jesus lol it couldn't be more blatent at this point .. 

Has underground house Fact magazine finally run out of ideas? 

Wow fuck is Fact just stealing ideas off this forum?

Wow fuck is Fact just stealing ideas off this forum?

That wouldn't be the first time. Let's just call it being inspired by us, we should be proud.

[Or, it's just completely coincidental.]

Guest bitroast

it absolutely wouldn't be the first time. 

perhaps the instances of it happening in the past has made me a wee paranoid about it. but.. you know.. why not join the dots if the dots are there to be joint. 

*repositions tinfoil hat* ahem..

Some of the best electronic music coming out. Old school house in flavor but introspective. This track is fantastic:

i would agree. some tracks from 12"s i have purchased over the last year:

ok, that's enough

it absolutely wouldn't be the first time. 

perhaps the instances of it happening in the past has made me a wee paranoid about it. but.. you know.. why not join the dots if the dots are there to be joint. 

*repositions tinfoil hat* ahem..

All those goddamn sites do it all the time. FACT's content is at least substantive though, more the same tier as other sites that actually focus on the meat of music discussion and not just trendy news posts. I think a lot of it is not intentional but I'm sure that varies from writer to writer. There are other forums and messageboards and blogs that likely get mined too. Hell, a huge part of vaporwave "docs" and essays are literally rehashing stuff that Adam Harper wrote for Dummy years ago and many aren't even are of him or the weed temple review as original sources. 

some of this stuff has passed my ears as well this year, to my likings

as posted above Hypercolour occasionally has stuff like this, Royal Oak (clone sublabel), Crème Organization, Shall Not Fade , ...

heres something from the new Unknown To The Unknown (dj stingray, dj q, lake haze) sublabel; House Crime

bit more hard/technoy from french dudes Palma

and DJ Swagger, also in OP, on Natural Sciences

KiNK comes to mind, melodic house stuff yet less crumbly lofi (on Royal Oak)

ur right its way cooler to support trust fund white williamsburgers with new kit and "pirated" plugins than working class african americans in detroit and chicago who have been doing this for 40 years!

ur right its way cooler to support trust fund white williamsburgers with new kit and "pirated" plugins than working class african americans in detroit and chicago who have been doing this for 40 years!

this DrLo comment was worth the wait.

Archived