IGNORED

that one hipster house genre

marian

I just listen to the tunes. No need to get all mad that people of all colors can make any music they'd like and anyone can like it. 

"this has drums in it which originate in Africa, way to not support the bush-men of Swaziland, you assholes. They need goat-skins for their drums and you drive a car. Spoiled white brat kids. (flips hair) "

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

the whole idea that a genre is dead or over because it's reaching high exposure and popularity due to alot of people finding and liking it is bonkers. that's a sign of the genre being alive, not dead :facepalm: 

the whole idea that a genre is dead or over because it's reaching high exposure and popularity due to alot of people finding and liking it is bonkers. that's a sign of the genre being alive, not dead :facepalm:

But then it's not hipster anymore

i had a big long post wrote down but it got lost when i hit an errant key, so probably for the best. let me just say that the written word is at it's most devalued in human history. fake news is worth $10k a month, thoughtful music journalism, however, seems obsolete.

http://www.dummymag.com/Features/adam-harper-vaporwave

as upset as that article made some people, it's amazing to see the quality difference 4 years can make. in the late 2000s and early 2010s, think pieces were really something. you could sit on your journalistic perch and really do something. today, it seems inflammatory buzz is the only currency, and it's sad that an unfair criticism is probably fact's most-read article.

FALSE as soon as a people start calling music [insert genre name here] then chumps start following a formula for making said genre, it sounds SHIT, gets popular and then the genre DIES

long live breakcore! 1!!

My minimal house/microhouse/hipster house dream project would be a supergroup featuring Alvo Noto, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Pan Sonic, Shinichi Osawa and hmm i dont know, let's throw in Villalobos.

Speaking of labels, bpitchcontrol out of germany puts out some great stuff in the vein

So, um, it's house? Awesome.

Yeah pretty much. People just don't like when skinny middle-upper to middle class kids make tunes or something. 

I like quite a bit of these. Reminds me of lots of Chicago and Detroit house but with even crappier equipment and more distortion! Ace.

^Jah, Herbert's been making great listening house (like dis) for years as well.  DJ Sprinkles' Midtown 120 Blues is also an amazon listening house album too.

This new trendy shit is cool and I can dig but there's nothing particularly enticing about; I'd rather bump acid house classix and track down hidden gems from 70s fusion and mid-nineties d'n'b but that's just how Bob roll

and d-lo. there is so much insane house out there that is already "underground" i see no reason to listen to these new ones from sweden - but they are fine if a little too fancy and not groovy enough for me. now that new omar-s record.... there's a keeper

Archived