marian

that one hipster house genre

I'm seeing it everywhere what's happening

28hn1ol.png

ur right its way cooler to support trust fund white williamsburgers with new kit and "pirated" plugins than working class african americans in detroit and chicago who have been doing this for 40 years!

will smith sample on point

ur right its way cooler to support trust fund white williamsburgers with new kit and "pirated" plugins than working class african americans in detroit and chicago who have been doing this for 40 years!

this DrLo comment was worth the wait.

I just listen to the tunes. No need to get all mad that people of all colors can make any music they'd like and anyone can like it. 

"this has drums in it which originate in Africa, way to not support the bush-men of Swaziland, you assholes. They need goat-skins for their drums and you drive a car. Spoiled white brat kids. (flips hair) "

..that brought tears to my eyes

So excite :)

lol 

edit: joshuatx The Cyclist - Push is freaking amazing

Edited by marian

FUCK i like those things ..

*throws noise collection out of the window*

This thread is fucking cancer.

This thread is fucking cancer.

cancer gave me this thread

Guest bitroast

the whole idea that a genre is dead or over because it's reaching high exposure and popularity due to alot of people finding and liking it is bonkers. that's a sign of the genre being alive, not dead :facepalm: 

the whole idea that a genre is dead or over because it's reaching high exposure and popularity due to alot of people finding and liking it is bonkers. that's a sign of the genre being alive, not dead :facepalm:

But then it's not hipster anymore

i like a lot of this stuff. found a bunch on lobster theremin and 100% silk. delroy edwards 4 club use only is an undeniable banger although it's like 5 years old already.  moodcut, ross from friends, tissu. seems like folks have already found these guys and put 'em in the thread.

funny,    Complex mines KTT forum for content too. they made this gif. can someone edit FACT and WATMM in ? lol

PIQ9OjJ.gif

Edited by colunga

i had a big long post wrote down but it got lost when i hit an errant key, so probably for the best. let me just say that the written word is at it's most devalued in human history. fake news is worth $10k a month, thoughtful music journalism, however, seems obsolete.

http://www.dummymag.com/Features/adam-harper-vaporwave

as upset as that article made some people, it's amazing to see the quality difference 4 years can make. in the late 2000s and early 2010s, think pieces were really something. you could sit on your journalistic perch and really do something. today, it seems inflammatory buzz is the only currency, and it's sad that an unfair criticism is probably fact's most-read article.

there's still plenty of great journalism, long form articles, think pieces all that stuff. it's just that the crap stuff sells better often because it appeals to emotion rather than objectivity and reason. 

FALSE as soon as a people start calling music [insert genre name here] then chumps start following a formula for making said genre, it sounds SHIT, gets popular and then the genre DIES

long live breakcore! 1!!

I can't believe someone floated the name "outsider house" and didn't even think to call it "out house." Fuck music journalism.

My minimal house/microhouse/hipster house dream project would be a supergroup featuring Alvo Noto, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Pan Sonic, Shinichi Osawa and hmm i dont know, let's throw in Villalobos.

Speaking of labels, bpitchcontrol out of germany puts out some great stuff in the vein

Edited by Lane Visitor

#houseofdemo