IGNORED

that one hipster house genre

marian

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Digging a lot of what ppl are calling hipster house / lo fi house, but many of the examples im hearing about like L.I.E.S., is more techno, dub/ambient techno or gritty tech house than house, no?

Don't get me wrong, I love blurring of lines, and not 1 for categorizing/labeling. I guess im just a total sucker for that soulful vocal and jacking beat lol

the tags & gimmicks cant mask sounds so bereft of ideas & nuances its tragic, like pissing in yer ears but there's prob a fetish for that too

if you'd like a fun ride through chasing this form of music, how the habit of chasing the sound from specific records/artists/labels & those gems that always go under the radar manifests, what House as "a feeling" culture means beyond a temporal cul-de-sac, this is funny as fuck & with some diamond tracks too:

http://www.theransomnote.com/music/house-hunting/

the tags & gimmicks cant mask sounds so bereft of ideas & nuances its tragic, like pissing in yer ears but there's prob a fetish for that too

if you'd like a fun ride through chasing this form of music, how the habit of chasing the sound from specific records/artists/labels & those gems that always go under the radar manifests, what House as "a feeling" culture means beyond a temporal cul-de-sac, this is funny as fuck & with some diamond tracks too:

http://www.theransomnote.com/music/house-hunting/

YES, nice link thank you for that.. and couldnt agree more!

this is way cool!

My buddy Mickey Oliver has done some great house classics... can't challenge the chicago classics and i think theyll always be in style.

Real cool guy, i met him once when i worked at guitar center, and weve been friends since. we did some production stuff together for one of his newer singles which was never officially released, but we have another track in the works that im hoping we can get out soon. :)

i can't deal with this shit. it is so lame. please please please listen to any ron trent, fred p, chez damier, mike huckaby (and many many more) mix in the last..... 20 years (!) and you will find more powerful, expressive, beautifully produced house music that is of course mixed flawlessly. white IDM people are only interested in "tracks" and albums and not the *actual* skill of house music which is mixing. house is a feeling, it's not white people using "old school analog synths" to bang out tracks. that bandcamp feature blog post on this garbage was embarrassing lol

Archived