IGNORED

AFX at Primavera 2017

Lada Laika

Really disappointed tbh, completely disjointed, a lot of really bad music. It wasn't very dubsteppy really, I'd have been happy with decent bass music. Poor.

i cant believe what you are saying , it just looks so epic.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'll be interested to hear it if it's recorded, I enjoyed DFN on headphones with that cleaned up audio, I couldn't tell you why I reacted quite viscerally against Primavera, I was extremely tired as well which probably didn't help.

As I said, I'm not just moaning for moaning' sake, but I think it was mainly the disjointedness that put me off.

Yeah I'll be interested to hear it if it's recorded, I enjoyed DFN on headphones with that cleaned up audio, I couldn't tell you why I reacted quite viscerally against Primavera, I was extremely tired as well which probably didn't help.

As I said, I'm not just moaning for moaning' sake, but I think it was mainly the disjointedness that put me off.

I get grouchy in the wee hours too. DFN set was barely past my bedtime lol

i thought it was an incredible set, really full on AV

music could of been more 'afx' but lots of weirdo 4/4 and strange dancey stuff. good 10000 strong crowd too

well, tiredness is a huge factor on motivation and reception. I saw some amazing shows while being very tired and i just wished to have an end.

we went to sleep for circa 2 hours at primavera, the heat and raving gets too much so it's nice to pass out under a tree and prep yourself for more.

met so many nice people in afx t shirts too

loads of fun. always remember to nap if you are out in 30 degree sun  tho. in the shade ofc.

Yeah I avoided the DFN mostly, we didn't even stay for all of it as it was so offputting but in first 40 minutes I didn't recognise anything. It's not even experimental nature I have a problem with, it's the disjointedness.

Interested to hear some alternative opinions on it, but we were in a really good mood going in and it's a big disappointment. Slayer were deadly at least!

I got worried about your comments (relative to what to expect in London) but it sounds like you didn't dig DFN either.  

EDIT - fuuuuuuuuck that new track is so gd good

Fenton..... you field daying too? I think i owe you a pint since 'pusher crash at yours! 

did you tho? i remember not having a clue how to find you [although one watmmer did stay] but it wasn't you iirc [lol memory].

Maybe I'm oversimplifying but it seems like we're getting the syro treatment but in a much quicker fashion. New aphex tracks dotted along these live sets (ala metz, singapore, etc), only one new track per set etc, but it seems to be happening at a quicker pace. A good sign I think, but he plays his new tunes at these sets for a reason. 

Marketing in a way to get people to come see him live (maybe warps decision, no idea) but also to hype up for a release, no? I'm just happy it seems to be happening at a quick pace compared to Syro trax, he seems highly motivated. 

edit: also, as fucking awesome as the Houston track is, this one has me even more intrigued. Seems to me this in HQ would be insane. It gives me goosebumps even in low quality. 

I completely agree with you Richie. The first half of the set was particularly disjointed. The songs did not flow together. I did like what he played, just feel that they could have flowed better. The first 20-30 mins I was like wtf?!

In the end my mind was completely blown. He covered so much territory. Took tracks and disintegrated them. The visuals were amazing.

After the set I had many of my friends who are from different musical backgrounds (alternative guitar based etc) and they were ALL speechless. Raving how incredible that was to witness. That for me says a lot.

A lot of love up front. So great. Got my face on the big screen. Was a hell of a time.

Debating whether or not to make the trek to Portugal.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying but it seems like we're getting the syro treatment but in a much quicker fashion. New aphex tracks dotted along these live sets (ala metz, singapore, etc), only one new track per set etc, but it seems to be happening at a quicker pace. A good sign I think, but he plays his new tunes at these sets for a reason. 

Marketing in a way to get people to come see him live (maybe warps decision, no idea) but also to hype up for a release, no? I'm just happy it seems to be happening at a quick pace compared to Syro trax, he seems highly motivated. 

edit: also, as fucking awesome as the Houston track is, this one has me even more intrigued. Seems to me this in HQ would be insane. It gives me goosebumps even in low quality. 

+1, couldn't have said it better. :ok:  Oooooh so hyped here.

Archived