IGNORED

Shobaleader One - SHBLDR

cear

Yaaaaaay knew that was coming !!! So happy it's been confirmed !

I hope we'll get a "double album" with a live AND studio material (like he did with the CD edition of Do You Know Squarepusher with the japanese live !).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

:^) 

i was just thinking.. the only way this isn't a live album is if it's a studio album with the live performances as a bonus disc.

best not get ahead of ourselves tho. safest happiest bet is assume it's the live album :^)

:^)

I hope we'll get a "double album" with a live AND studio material (like he did with the CD edition of Do You Know Squarepusher with the japanese live !).

Now we're talking!

How do they see through those masks?

Looks like the back of them blocks the light from the front pretty well. I'd say it'd be like looking through shutter shades, ie. only a minor inconvenience. Still, to play instruments through the masks must be quite a challenge!

I hope the drummer is getting paid the most out of the plus three, fucking hell, the energetic mission he's on doing all that.

They're all pretty great musicians, but yeah you're right. That drummer is incredible!

This is pretty much what I've always wanted out of a squarepusher live show. Hopefully this also means that a second shobaleader one studio album will appear at some point, and it's just pure synthy jazz fusion stuff.

Guest bitroast

This is pretty much what I've always wanted out of a squarepusher live show. Hopefully this also means that a second shobaleader one studio album will appear at some point, and it's just pure synthy jazz fusion stuff.

!!

bad. 

i miss jazz freakout squarepusher!!! this is perfect opportunity to a see return to that a bit :^)

also, lol @ trying to read this interview ..

■ If you want to make sure that the previous interview, but nostalgia and retro phenomenon in modern culture had to say and I hate, I think this is not the meaning nostalgic there?

Squarepusher: some of the fragments that are playing for the future of the old ideas. It is about that much for the current future bob.

■ Well, I'm sorry, I looked up I "Bove" (borb)? what is that?

Arg Nution: When us to play in a different planet, more new, I got to play with appropriate equipment. It is not such metal or wooden garbage.

Squarepusher: Hey, wooden would separate good. What's wrong with making instruments made from trees in time? Well, I have to sing the songs themselves, but it is almost the case that I have made the current situation in general.

giphy.gif

sounds super tight!

i do long for the LED helmet era to be over but it does do that thing where people stop looking at faces and just listen to the tunes. perhaps they could just put black panty hose on their heads though? 

cash grab album discuss?

indeed. The aimed at nostalgia and novelty thing of this makes me feel icky.

Can we just have a new album pls?

gotta eat these member berries first

I don't see the problem with revisiting classic tracks in a live format. 

Don't see it as a cash grab at all. He's always said he wished he could play a lot of those tracks as a band and now he's doing it. 

It's prolly not black or white. It's an obvious cash grab in the way that interest in Squarepusher has come from his early work - even today. It could possibly be a rather profitable record. But on the other hand I really do think that Tom & the gang legitimately want to rework old tracks. It's really neat hearing classics in a totally new way. I for one and pretty excited.

I don't see the problem with revisiting classic tracks in a live format. 

Don't see it as a cash grab at all. He's always said he wished he could play a lot of those tracks as a band and now he's doing it. 

i suspect it's something tom has wanted to do for a long time. be a bassist in a band playing his jams. seems fine.  why not do everything he can do in life even just once?  I recall in an interview around when Music is Rotted.. came out he said something like "sometimes you have to take a step sideways before taking one forward".. which seems reasonable realistic thing an artist would say. 

i still would love to hear any and all alternate versions of stuff from around Go Plastic era.  to me that's the []pusher peak. i love all the acid tracks and stuff too.. selection 16, venus 17 and what not.. and there are some gems in all his other releases but his output hasn't resonated with me in a while. but new stuff from him always get's lot's of my attention. he's wicked. 

cash grab album discuss?

indeed. The aimed at nostalgia and novelty thing of this makes me feel icky.

Can we just have a new album pls?

You guys forget that there are new generations of kids coming up for whom this is all new, not nostalgia. Their parents may have even conceived them to one of the tracks. Maybe that's why thinking about it makes you feel icky mr. spiral. Anyway. I'm not from the ho hum brigade about it being released, but i may or not purchase the album, cause like i said, i want them blokes to do some solos innit. This would probably piss some of you guys off waay more though haha. "omgerd, only the Tom may solo".

lol of course it's a fucking cash grab, how else do you make money as a professional musician? it's not like he's writing songs for rihanna or something (though that would be kinda cool tbh)

doesn't mean it's not gonna be AWESOME>

Archived