IGNORED

Shobaleader One - SHBLDR

cear

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

I'm sincerely hoping it's actual new music.

given that the teaser is coopers world live, i'd say it's a safe bet to assume it absolutely will not be new music and will instead be based on the live shows. 

Guest bitroast

yaya i'm keen to hear this. have heard most of the live tracks via youtube .. still haven't heard the rendition of megazine (pretty sure it was played live?). 

keen for this to be released. it's a very logical step to release it after how rad it all sounded :^) 

I don't mind if he has a nicely recorded live version of these tracks. Certainly i find these tracks more rewarding listening than his newer compositional efforts and i haven't listened to that LP for more than a decade so my mind is reasonably wiped of the sounds, well they did resonate deeply so maybe not. Also, there are a lot of kids around for whom this would be a cool thing even if the oldenators are like wtf bro. I'd like if like a jazz band, they soloed a little off the source material, but you probably can't hope for that and the source material is already pretty densely orchestrated.

I don't mind if he has a nicely recorded live version of these tracks. Certainly i find these tracks more rewarding listening than his newer compositional efforts and i haven't listened to that LP for more than a decade so my mind is reasonably wiped of the sounds, well they did resonate so maybe not. Also, there are a lot of kids around for whom this would be a cool thing even if the oldenators are like wtf bro.

I actually hope these are not live versions.

I can't hear the album teaser there but I'd really prefer if these didn't have crowd noise.

I am excite.

Would be nice enough if it was just a nicely recorded live set, even better would be live bits mixed with some studio stuff or just some extra studio polish (a la Live/Dead), if we're lucky we might get a couple of new tracks.

I don't mind if he has a nicely recorded live version of these tracks. Certainly i find these tracks more rewarding listening than his newer compositional efforts and i haven't listened to that LP for more than a decade so my mind is reasonably wiped of the sounds, well they did resonate deeply so maybe not. Also, there are a lot of kids around for whom this would be a cool thing even if the oldenators are like wtf bro. I'd like if like a jazz band, they soloed a little off the source material, but you probably can't hope for that and the source material is already pretty densely orchestrated.

I can't hear the album teaser there but I'd really prefer if these didn't have crowd noise.

When i say live versions i mean recorded with live instruments. Of course i want it as tight as possibluh. But when you have a tight jazz outfit it's pretty much recorded live anyway, just in the studio, nicely.

When i say live versions i mean recorded with live instruments. Of course i want it as tight as possibluh. But when you have a tight jazz outfit it's pretty much recorded live anyway, just in the studio, nicely.

gotcha.

Guest bitroast

I don't mind if he has a nicely recorded live version of these tracks. Certainly i find these tracks more rewarding listening than his newer compositional efforts and i haven't listened to that LP for more than a decade so my mind is reasonably wiped of the sounds, well they did resonate so maybe not. Also, there are a lot of kids around for whom this would be a cool thing even if the oldenators are like wtf bro.

the teaser has crowd noises and is actually just a shorter version of this live viddy 

the teaser has crowd noises and is actually just a shorter version of this live viddy 

It could use some soloing actually. At 02:59 would have been a good point for a keyboard solo. Maybe he needs to leave a little room in the pieces for that. I know that electronic listening people seem less amenable to live improv (although they can listen to an acid cut/res wank all day), but it wouldn't have hurt the above the clip, it would have enhanced it. You feel like you've got all these champs champing at the bit to got for it on a fast tempo groove but they're plugging through the song as is. Mingus had highly detailed pieces but left room for his stars to shine within their framework.

Archived