Album preview:

A teaser vid for 'Redstone':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7h8y5fwMvQ

Released by:
ENPEG www.enpeg.com

Release date:
January 13th, 2017

Release notes
'Nothing Left To Abandon' is the Enpeg debut of composer clocolan. Described as brooding fictions in discrete sound spaces, 'Nothing Left To Abandon' is the sonic equivalent of the memories, visions & eroded philosophies of yesterday, today & tomorrow. Envisioned in a childhood of barren escarpments, livid skies, homeless wastes and an unknowable geography lay a forgotten beauty where every memory is as fragile as a sand castle. With time and sound distorted/transmuted, 'Nothing Left To Abandon' is an atmospheric listen of dusty melancholy and conscious nostalgia. EN69

about clocolan
clocolan is an invention of composer Emlyn Ellis Addison. Drawn to narrative ephemera and the detritus of human endeavor, clocolan’s imaginary spaces are shaped from original writings and the found sounds of generations of abandoned ideologies. His creative thirst dawned in South Africa: a childhood of neglected hinterlands, eroded topology, unconquered vastness. From it emerged clocolan’s nostalgic, lo-fi, vintage electronica; expansive themes lost in the background noise of human affairs. A long formal training in music theory, composition, and voice traced an unlikely path to graduate studies at CalArts, and an awakening: new modes of expression materialized from knob-twiddling and endless textural cravings. But the beauty of structure and melodic arcs are never far beneath the surface. clocolan reaches for a musical cohesion that feels tenuous: the thin line that separates incidental harmonics from conscious expression.

The name ‘Clocolan’ comes from a small, windswept town in the South African veldt; a mispronunciation that stuck. Words and meaning distorted, transmuted.

The titles of the tracks strike me. Without listening I can already tell you put a lot of thought and passion into this. Will listen shortly.

Thanks; some are places in South Africa...many dusty memories there.

btw I loved your Pylonesque recomposition; Chris's sensibility is one-of-a-kind and you preserved that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything You See Is You is seriously a TUNE! Very fine tuned production and attention to detail, lots of new events springing up throughout the duration and keeping things engaging, not to mention the video is eye candy. You're on my radar :)

I keep reading your name as 'cloacan' though :p

Yeah, loads of people attempt the BoC sound but I think they miss the point a bit; there's more to it than laying down a 2 bar white key progression with some fuzz, throwing 1 bar of a dry kick snare loop and topping it off with a daycare sample.

Yeah, loads of people attempt the BoC sound but I think they miss the point a bit; there's more to it than laying down a 2 bar white key progression with some fuzz, throwing 1 bar of a dry kick snare loop and topping it off with a daycare sample.

ROFL!

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm mindful of not just imitating BOC, Tycho etc (there's enough of that out there) but trying to look at it from a different angle. On that note--have you heard this guy's stuff?

<--- A whole other take.

Sweguno: I assume you're already a Rooibos (red bush) tea drinker. If you're not, get on it :D

amazing work dude, very inspiring. you do the BoC sound better than most

Cheers!

Archived