IGNORED

Tribute to Wearing Headphones without Listening to Anything

Root5

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my fav things about the Xmas season, for YEARS, was getting the chance to make an Xmas tune for the WATMMsmas comps. That and hearing Djeroek's hilarious Junglesmas tracks. Good times.

Also, Root you gotta update ur sig!

Someday I'll do another xmas comp, because I still want to do a 303 cover of Santa Baby.

Also: I just updated my sig in honour of your attention to detail :)

Yeah, A+ troll theme. I'mma do a tribute xhamster style, aiming for the headphones without listening..

Dude! Merry X-mas dude :)

Dude! Merry X-mas to you too dude  :cool:

One of my fav things about the Xmas season, for YEARS, was getting the chance to make an Xmas tune for the WATMMsmas comps. That and hearing Djeroek's hilarious Junglesmas tracks. Good times.

:ok: & +1 on making a new Christmas track, I got the sleigh bell sounds ready to roll. 

Seeing the artwork would really help provide direction. It's like providing the artwork after people have created tracks would seemed disjointed, almost random when mixed together. Having a visual reference might also help inspire musical ideas. How does the artwork actually fit in with the theme for instance? 

Seeing the artwork would really help provide direction. It's like providing the artwork after people have created tracks would seemed disjointed, almost random when mixed together. Having a visual reference might also help inspire musical ideas. How does the artwork actually fit in with the theme for instance? 

I can see the point here, and if people overwhelmingly want this then I'll post the artwork.

My two concerns are this:

1. When the album goes live, seeing the artwork for the first time really contributes to the momentum of the album. If you submit a track to the album, then you want your listeners to be excited to hear the music, and approach it with a positive attitude, right? The the look and feel of the album is old news, then I think people will approach the album with less excitement, which will affect how the hear the music.

2. One of the things I like about these compilations is that everyone interprets the theme in their own way. The album art is brilliant, and a really good interpretation, but I don't want to enforce that interpretation on everyone else. What does the theme mean for you? Put that down in your track, and the authenticity will make the music better.

But again, if everyone thinks my concerns are less important, and providing guidance and excitement at this stage is more important, then by all means I'll post the art.

It'd be really IDM if you tried to make the nextest next level track possible without headphones/monitors even plugged in and only listening to it after submitting it

IDM as fuck.

Very much looking forward to the Peace 7 submission as he was the most passionate campaigner for the theme! As for me, yeah this is a tough one... Gonna have to live in this concept for a while (wear headphones everywhere) and draw some sort of inspiration.

Power to the people, yo.  I did what needed to be done.  But now that the people have won, it is the choice of the people to do what they will with such glorious victory.  Life (and making awesome tracks) is never 100% easy, but the effort is always worth it.

this theme to me has literally no musical ideas i can think of, atall. so im just gonna submit a track im happy with and see if its accepted. i mean i literally cannot think of any theme apart from distant musique concrete, but thats boring as fuck. 

this theme to me has literally no musical ideas i can think of, atall. so im just gonna submit a track im happy with and see if its accepted. i mean i literally cannot think of any theme apart from distant musique concrete, but thats boring as fuck. 

I feel like picking this theme is also a tribute to the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardsness of the act.

I feel like picking this theme is also a tribute to the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardsness of the act.

I have no ideas at all either... I will try to make something though, maybe blindfolded

for the rush

Guest Chesney

This sounds wicked. Why not try and go through the motions of making a track as you would but not actually hearing it? That's what I would do. You know instinctively where to place hits on the sequencer so you could easily get some janky beats going rather than taking the easy way out and doing an ambient scape.

This sounds wicked. Why not try and go through the motions of making a track as you would but not actually hearing it? That's what I would do. You know instinctively where to place hits on the sequencer so you could easily get some janky beats going rather than taking the easy way out and doing an ambient scape.

yeah, this is the only true idea i can come up with too

but what if it sounds utter shit

Archived