IGNORED

Installer

Busted! haha, that was just a bunch of random stock loops and James Brown samples spliced together in Sony Acid, no programming or 'writing' so to speak. Still a fun lil experiment though! After getting to grips with Reason, I can safely say that making tracks from scratch is more my thing. Got a few things that I'd like to expand upon soon

track would be better with more low end

Agreed. Currently working on that! Mixing is super frustrating atm

One more tip for working with compression: Use grouptracks (synth+kick for example) and compress them seperately and use only little compression for the master track. But I myself never get it right and 98% of my tracks are garbage so my suggestions might be bullshit

One more tip for working with compression: Use grouptracks (synth+kick for example) and compress them seperately and use only little compression for the master track. But I myself never get it right and 98% of my tracks are garbage so my suggestions might be bullshit

Ok cool, thanks. I think I need to look up some tutorials on Reason's compression tool cos even though it looks super simple, it makes fack all sense to me right now lol

This track is insane btw...  :music:

https://soundcloud.com/darreichungsform/3boulrig2

new mix if anyone is interested ?

- made some slight adjustments to the synth that kicks in at around 1min

- tried to improve the stereo-ness by spreading some elements out, does it need more work?

- threw some compression on the track and slightly boosted the low end

- reverb'd the end snare fill (4:28) to make the breakdown less sudden

- minor programming adjustments

massively appreciate any feedback! i uploaded the wav but soundcloud's compression makes it sound like something from kazaa circa 2002

On 12/12/2016 at 4:57 PM, qualitycontrol said:

Keep at it. Great "first" track (heheh). You've got the right idea when it comes to mixing-- also, don't get sucked into arguments about digital vs. analog vs. outboard vs. software-- just make music. Can't wait to hear where you go with this. Cheers.

On 12/12/2016 at 5:04 PM, Bulk VanderHooj said:

Track sounds even better now, nice adjustments.

Too kind, thanks mateys!

Working on something else atm. I've tried to apply what everyone here has taught me to this one, and it's already sounding better than the other track did at this early stage, so I can't thank y'all enough for the advice

Haha thanks amigo. Biting afx wasn't intentional but it doesn't surprise me with the amount of time I've spent absorbing his lush audibles.

Anyway yeah I'm planning on turning this one into a 7 minute piece, or at least letting it run for as long as it needs to. I'll try my best to drift the style away from Aphex as it progresses lol

• 4 weeks later...

Made a bit of progress on that second track. I'm pretty much satisfied with it up until the final third, dunno whether to persist on that section or bomb it out completely and roll with another idea. Any feedback would be immense!

Also been working on two other pieces. Will post em once some significant progress has been made!

Howdy!

I've always desperately wanted to make music, so I recently taught myself how to use Reason (is that a good idea?) and last week, I finished my first ever track. I'm not here to show it off, but rather to get pointers on how it can be improved...

https://soundcloud.com/technobisto/md95-1st-draft-unmixed

ofc it sounds like trash compared to the rest of the stuff in this forum, but I would massively appreciate any criticism/advice you guys could give me regarding the overall mix, arrangement, etc. so that hopefully, my second track won't sound quite as horrific lol

Gracias!

Nice job! Sounds awesome

• 1 month later...

Been working on some new stuff this year whenever I get the chance. I'm hoping to have around 5 or 6 completed tracks (including the two above) ready in time for a summer 'EP drop'.

Here's another one I'm pretty close to finishing...

Feedback would be great!

Archived