IGNORED

Official Petition for AFX and Vibert to make an ALBUM together ???

Guest bitroast

RDJ is like that family member who everyone talks about because they're way more accomplished and better looking than you and you just want them to shut the fuck up because he already gets enough attention. Except IDM

Also :^)

Guest bitroast

hopefully this will inspire the ae bros to make an amber type album :)

no !! that's been done already !! i'm talking about something new and unprecedented here !!

go off back to the ae subforum and listen to amber again on vinyl you backward thinking scum !! !!

nnewaee .. 

:^) 

aphex generally doesn't make good stuff when he collaborates. His solo work is his best work. So I dunno why you want him to collaborate.

Not sure I agree there... Some of his best tunes are remixes or collaborations....

26 mixes... freeman hardy and willis acid... 

edit: have to say 26 mixes again. Maybe I'm in the minority but that "album" is some of his best work in my mind..

Privately, you’ve recorded a lot of music with Richard and also Mike Paradinas (Mu-Ziq) and Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher); will any of this see the light of day? Not really because they’re never more than jams. I’ll simply go and see them and they’ll say, “Ooh look, I’ve got a lush new synth”, and we’ll have a jam and maybe record that, but they’d usually be quite simple, bizarre acidy tracks or something. We’ve never sort of tried to make a normal track, a proper track – they’re always like 45 minutes long. Tom would always play bass for a couple of hours - I’ve got DATs full of him playing bass so I could sample it and use it – he’d always say yeah, yeah, just take whatever you want. Mike Paradinas and I only ever did one track together, I don’t know why – he finds it harder to make music because he’s so busy running that bloody label.

http://www.barcodezine.com/Luke%20Vibert%20Interview.htm

aphex generally doesn't make good stuff when he collaborates. His solo work is his best work. So I dunno why you want him to collaborate.

Not sure I agree there... Some of his best tunes are remixes or collaborations....

edit: have to say 26 mixes again. Maybe I'm in the minority but that "album" is some of his best work in my mind..

remixes aren't really proper collaborations as it's just him more or less sampling stuff and making it into something new. It's not the same bc he has all the creative force and is doing the work with the content given to him. but yeah that album is great. The man just doesn't need another person in the studio with him.

Guest bitroast

Privately, you’ve recorded a lot of music with Richard and also Mike Paradinas (Mu-Ziq) and Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher); will any of this see the light of day? Not really because they’re never more than jams. I’ll simply go and see them and they’ll say, “Ooh look, I’ve got a lush new synth”, and we’ll have a jam and maybe record that, but they’d usually be quite simple, bizarre acidy tracks or something. We’ve never sort of tried to make a normal track, a proper track – they’re always like 45 minutes long. Tom would always play bass for a couple of hours - I’ve got DATs full of him playing bass so I could sample it and use it – he’d always say yeah, yeah, just take whatever you want. Mike Paradinas and I only ever did one track together, I don’t know why – he finds it harder to make music because he’s so busy running that bloody label.

but if the petition gets enough signatures .. 

but if the petition gets enough signatures ..
:^)

false, EKT is the beast album druqqks is only quite good

why not make a subforum with petitions for all possible colaborations between the featured artists?

like the epic track by autecher and boards of Canada beatnik #2 apex remix

https://youtu.be/1RZ65yGDd9U

edit: :^)

Imagine those unreleased "squarepusher/aphex" tracks from Warp20/Rome2003 were actually Luke and Rich and squarepusher was just being a dick playing them. 

Luke would be soooo fucking annoyed!

Its fun to think of our heros being petty

remixes aren't really proper collaborations as it's just him more or less sampling stuff and making it into something new.

Yeah fair point RE remixes vs collaborations. I was more focused on "His solo work is his best work". I guess remixing does qualify as "solo work" though the way we're interpreting it.

I bet they already have enough tracks to fill a few albums. So the petition should be to release the already made stuff!

NO.

oh come on! It would be fun guessing what part was made by afx and what part was made by Flishblip

Archived