IGNORED

New Aphex Twin 10" [TECH-004]

Icct

does aphex twin have that many younger fans? I only ask cos most of the kids in the elctronic music class I took didn't even know who he was. they were all freshmen and around the age of 18-20ish. I'm always very surprised at how few younger people I meet know him. I mean sure the group of guys I became friends with in that clas all knew him but they were also into more abstract stuff. At the same time I feel like there's gotta be younger fans of him out there, and it's just where I live. i was probably like 13, 14 when I discovered him, and no one else I knew listened to him or knew who he was where I went to school. i remember showing my friends and we felt like we had discovered this cool secret cos it was different from all the music we had been listneing to up until that point.

does aphex twin have that many younger fans? I only ask cos most of the kids in the elctronic music class I took didn't even know who he was. they were all freshmen and around the age of 18-20ish. I'm always very surprised at how few younger people I meet know him. I mean sure the group of guys I became friends with in that clas all knew him but they were also into more abstract stuff. At the same time I feel like there's gotta be younger fans of him out there, and it's just where I live. i was probably like 13, 14 when I discovered him, and no one else I knew listened to him or knew who he was where I went to school. i remember showing my friends and we felt like we had discovered this cool secret cos it was different from all the music we had been listneing to up until that point.

if you grew up after window licker and come to daddy its pretty unlikely to know him if you are not very deep into electronic music 

A certain electronic music website webmaster would be eternally grateful if someone were to acquire one for him...

And so would a certain tourist of time! Know it's much to ask but don't blame me for trying.

Well, it's silently been for sale on the shelf for 2 weeks but seems now the word is out: the next release on our label (TECH-004) is Aphex Twin. Come in this Fri-Sun 2-8pm and snag one (Sorry, due to licensing no mail order or online sales). Stay tuned for TECH-006 at the end of summer...

???

if you grew up after window licker and come to daddy its pretty unlikely to know him if you are not very deep into electronic music 

I certainly got into him post-windowl/daddy. I remember drukqs being relativly new a few years after I first discovered him (saw 85-92) and buying it on cd at Virgin Records in Chicago while on a school trip down there. I still kick myself today because I was obviously not very in the know on the whole scene, and I remember seeing at least 3 different analord releases in the basement there by all the techno records, and thinking like, 'oh AFX? that's aphex twin right? but this is just a single and it's not in a fancy album sleeve'… so I got the cd instead. :shrug:

A friend from DeviantArt (lol) showed me the CTD video in 2003 when I was 14, shit changed my life. By the time the Analords were rolling out I felt as excited as any other knowledgeable  fan.

Edited by Hodorsbn

I was born in '98, probs makes me among the youngest on here. Luckily I have a wicked uncle who showed me the CtD and Windowlicker videos at a young age, and after getting into BOC through him around 2011/12, I stumbled back onto Aphex and his endless amount of good music. Drukqs changed my life completely, I had never, and still havn't heard anything as dense, complex and beautiful as that. Pretty good timing aswell because I found him just as he was playing those lush Syro tracks live, and since then its been new release after new release. In terms of cultural relevance however, none of my friends or peers at any stage of my life had heard of RDJ or anything similiar, pretty sad but it's just the way it is, I probably wouldn't have known of Warp if not for my uncle.

There were certainly plenty of youngsters watching him at Field Day. At 53 I certainly felt like one of the oldest!!

A certain electronic music website webmaster would be eternally grateful if someone were to acquire one for him...

The shop hours are Fri.Sat.Sun 2-8PM according to the website.

Talk about limited. My friend is down to go, and he's the one with the car, but he's not sure when he'll have a weekend free due to his job.

But if/when we manage to figure it out and go… We could certainly pick up an extra copy for a certain electronic music website webmaster.

I would really appreciate that - of course, if it doesn't come to pass, no worries.

Well, it's silently been for sale on the shelf for 2 weeks but seems now the word is out: the next release on our label (TECH-004) is Aphex Twin. Come in this Fri-Sun 2-8pm and snag one (Sorry, due to licensing no mail order or online sales). Stay tuned for TECH-006 at the end of summer...

???

3rd release (TECH-006) Madlib 7"

One just sold for $75 on discogs, guy said he'd rather trade for something was going to ask what he'd be interested. Should have just bought it I looked back 2 min later was gone of course.

here's a suggestion, you could take any vinyl, print out a scan of the cover from TECH004, place over the vinyl, put it on the turntable, turn the volume down, press play on the turntable, then press play on your computer which has the two soundcloud tracks lined up. problem solved!

or play it on a serato record and just pretend you own it.

Oki so I booked a rental car to drive out to Ypsilanti tomorrow from Milwaukee, originally i was going to split the costs 3 ways with 2 other friends who wanted in on the record. But one guy backed out last minute, and my other friend says it's too much for him to just split two ways. Anyone willing to get in on this, I could pick up the 3rd copy if someone would be willing to chip in via paypal for the car rental costs + the record. PM me for more information/prices!

I can buy one for less than the flight would cost. That's a deal right?

0e37b5ef47f73c6cf079a539dc563e7e.png

I really can't stand money

Anybody trade or gift belongings anymore?

Just a quick PSI: someone did get back to me and so that 3rd copy has been accounted for now. Sorry to those who I had to turn down :sad:

Good luck to the rest of you. I'm about to go drive for 10 hours to Michigan and back. :catsalute:

gl with the trip, I am 6+ hour drive as well, was going to make the trek out this weekend but ended up meeting with old friend from out of town, unfortunately I no longer feel like spending a whole day driving this weekend any longer. Would almost rather spend $75 or so and have one shipped than spend the day in the car again right now. Upside would be checking out some of the cool shit available in that shop

Just a quick PSI: someone did get back to me and so that 3rd copy has been accounted for now. Sorry to those who I had to turn down :sad:

Good luck to the rest of you. I'm about to go drive for 10 hours to Michigan and back. :catsalute:

RESPECT! Loving ur attitude!

The single is selling for $20/piece at Technical Equipment Supply (don't forget to add 6% sales tax). Just in case people want to weigh the selling price vs. Discogs/Ebay prices.

The single is selling for $20/piece at Technical Equipment Supply (don't forget to add 6% sales tax). Just in case people want to weigh the selling price vs. Discogs/Ebay prices.

thank you

I can buy one for less than the flight would cost. That's a deal right?

0e37b5ef47f73c6cf079a539dc563e7e.png

I really can't stand money

Anybody trade or gift belongings anymore?

What do you have for trade?