IGNORED

New Aphex Twin 10" [TECH-004]

Icct

Ain't a trunk to me 'less it can fit a 12" long player and a donut.  Ideological preferences aside, those who I can get TECH copies to in chronological order of request, I will do it.  I expect not a fortnight of wheelbarrowing.  Like I said, I'm guessing that Todd will set a customer limit, due to the exclusivity and the whole idea of it being an in-store promotion.  I doubt I'll personally be able to get 15 copies whether I bring a couple of mules along or not.  I'm looking into it.  Maybe I'll break down in the store, peel off my face and say "hey man, us WAtMMers just need some wax".

• 2 weeks later...

who is everybody asking for this copy? some watmmer who lives near the store? so he/she's going to waltz in there like "300 copies of that new record by the aphex twins please", stick them in a wheelbarrow, cart them home and spend the next 2 weeks mailing them out to the globe? you're all fucking insane. it's not even going to be new tracks is it? just some repressed old stuff?

you're all mad. fucking mad.

SMASHED!

by the Sledgehammer of Knowledge.

lol

Over the last couple of pages there was a stream of people saying the phrase 'I'm in'. Were they a) realists b) optimists c) fantasists or d) other. The 'I'm in' craze seemed almost contagious. It seemed like anyone could do it if they put their mind to it. But at what cost? Do not lead these men into the factory of crushed hopes

When is this available? When are we going to know it's out there in someone's hands?

according to this post on his site.

VISITOR POSTS
Edited by olo

When is this available? When are we going to know it's out there in someone's hands?

according to this post on his site.

VISITOR POSTS

Thanks for that!

The 'I'm in' thing defeats the pupose of what this is about, i think. It's about going in and buying a record. For people who live nearby or are willing to travel. I would travel a 50 mile radius to visit this shop just meet Kaito and talk about Total Recall. But truthfully, it could have been distributed a litter wider, but then we don't know what tracks are on it so there is a level of skepticism (although I did like that track on the Houston record). So this is a thing that collectors are geeking out about, I can't relate to that, I just want the music which we'll all get.

The 'I'm in' thing defeats the pupose of what this is about, i think. It's about going in and buying a record. For people who live nearby or are willing to travel. I would travel a 50 mile radius to visit this shop just meet Kaito and talk about Total Recall. But truthfully, it could have been distributed a litter wider, but then we don't know what tracks are on it so there is a level of skepticism (although I did like that track on the Houston record). So this is a thing that collectors are geeking out about, I can't relate to that, I just want the music which we'll all get.

I'm in again

Vanderhuge, you're still 'in' after everything i've said tonight? I kinda see where you're coming from.....Ok everybody lets just listen to nightmail at full volume.

Guest bitroast

wouldn't it have been easier to distribute a record with worldwide appeal in a fashion that caters to fans all around the world.

ie. digital file distribution / bandcamp 

imo.