IGNORED

Aphex Twin announced for Flow Festival, Helsinki

Kennylogg Bubblebath

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there, for what it's worth, and it looks like I'm going solo. I know it's an awkward request for a first post but if anyone wants to hook up for a beer or two, I'd be interested. As a couple of introductory remarks would probably improve my position, I guess I'd describe myself as a reasonably normal guy who likes electronic music. 23 years of age, native to Finland. A bit boring and out of touch with society sometimes (as evident from the fact that I'm reaching out to internet strangers for this), but mostly benevolent and void of malicious intent. Okay, this probably isn't helping. Also not exactly new to WATMM, used to lurk around big time back in 2009-2012, more occasionally since then. Never quite got around to posting before because apparently I feel cripplingly insecure about communicating with IDM neckbeards pseoudonymously online.

Ugh I mean IDM STUDS because it's probably bad form to partake in the collective self-deprecation routine this early.

I love how the 'Muricans in the thread are all excited and the Finns are like "there's too many people", "I probably would have a bad time anyway" and being generally socially awkward.

FWIW, I got the ticket for Friday. I may go to an IRC meeting (yes, very nerdy) the next day in Tallinn so I hope I'm not too hungover. I'll be the neckbeard in some IDM t-shirt drinking beer and looking disapprovingly at everybody.

I'll be there, for what it's worth, and it looks like I'm going solo. I know it's an awkward request for a first post but if anyone wants to hook up for a beer or two, I'd be interested. As a couple of introductory remarks would probably improve my position, I guess I'd describe myself as a reasonably normal guy who likes electronic music. 23 years of age, native to Finland. A bit boring and out of touch with society sometimes (as evident from the fact that I'm reaching out to internet strangers for this), but mostly benevolent and void of malicious intent. Okay, this probably isn't helping. Also not exactly new to WATMM, used to lurk around big time back in 2009-2012, more occasionally since then. Never quite got around to posting before because apparently I feel cripplingly insecure about communicating with IDM neckbeards pseoudonymously online.

Ugh I mean IDM STUDS because it's probably bad form to partake in the collective self-deprecation routine this early.

you're really cute so that should get you pretty far. 

i dunno. the texas meetup was such a blast. i'm pretty introverted 99% of the time but there was simply too to be happy/excited about to really give a flying fuck what anyone thought about me or i thought about them

I love how the 'Muricans in the thread are all excited and the Finns are like "there's too many people", "I probably would have a bad time anyway" and being generally socially awkward.

Ditto. Looking back I might've overdone it a little, tempering people's expectations for your social skills seems redundant when you're a Finnish guy who listens to Aphex Twin. That being said, I usually have no problem being comfortable around people, my banter game is just weak. I compensate for it by maintaining an expressive male physique. When my body talks, it makes a statement. By fondling, groping and bodyslamming unsuspecting participants I assert and explore my social identity. My autobiography is written in punches on the faces of my mortal associates.

Thanks. It does make people more receptive to blood chokes.

(Just to be clear, I'm just desperately trying to be funny.)

FWIW, I got the ticket for Friday. I may go to an IRC meeting (yes, very nerdy) the next day in Tallinn so I hope I'm not too hungover. I'll be the neckbeard in some IDM t-shirt drinking beer and looking disapprovingly at everybody.

You've decided to go :)

Have an Awesome time! :aphexsign:

• 2 weeks later...

i dunno. the texas meetup was such a blast. i'm pretty introverted 99% of the time but there was simply too to be happy/excited about to really give a flying fuck what anyone thought about me or i thought about them

There's no way Texas is going to be replicated unless if he does another US show again.  That weekend was amazing.

There's no way Texas is going to be replicated unless if he does another US show again.  That weekend was amazing.

You're killin' me : (

I am this very day wearing my DFN/WATMM shirt that I wore when my flights got cancelled and I got sent back home with no AFX and a lot of sads.

I can't believe it but I'm going. Just got my plane/fest tix and Airbnb room. Excited to be seeing him one more (and possibly last) time.

I have an Airbnb for someone to come stay at with an extra sofa bed and internet. Maybe we can work something out.

umm yeah... can i crash the nights of the 7th and 8th?????? :D will of course help pay etc

I can't believe it but I'm going. Just got my plane/fest tix and Airbnb room. Excited to be seeing him one more (and possibly last) time.

I have an Airbnb for someone to come stay at with an extra sofa bed and internet. Maybe we can work something out.

umm yeah... can i crash the nights of the 7th and 8th?????? :D will of course help pay etc

I'll message the homeowner now. I'll pm you with updates.

I'll message the homeowner now. I'll pm you with updates.

wait nvm i got it settled for those two nights no worries!!!!

actually just the night of the 11th!! would that work?

my visa situation is fucked so i may not make it..

Passport should be fine for Finland, no visa required.

I'm assuming you're a US citizen though.

I think he meant credit card (Visa)...?

no I didn't I meant actual visa.

I use amex

I use amex

Yeah, you seem like an Amex user :dadjoke:

I use amex

Yeah, you seem like an Amex user :dadjoke:

VISA is sooooo overrated

How much is a fucking beer and cheese and tomato pizza gonna be at a festival in Finland???? Best take a credit card, probably of the platinum variety.

This one of those countries that beer loving British people would like to visit but never go to, because a simple pub crawl would cost more than the price of the airfare lol.

Thanks. It does make people more receptive to blood chokes.

(Just to be clear, I'm just desperately trying to be funny.)

so this is you:

https://www.instagram.com/mirukawa/

?

17k followers? not bad

Somehow I think you know the answer.

Archived