IGNORED

[Electronic/Downtempo] When She Came

lyst

• 1 month later...

For me the vocals could have had there volume boosted a little. For me is feels like  you are using the same loops far to much.  There's a synth part that comes in on 0:15, and does finish until 1:19. Its fairly dominant,  personally I would have changed it altogether to a slightly different sound or change it half way though. The same part/loop starts at 1:35 again.

i agree with hardwired - the vocals could do with standing out more in the mix and that synth could be a little lower. your voice is good, let it come through a little more.

For me the vocals could have had there volume boosted a little. For me is feels like  you are using the same loops far to much.  There's a synth part that comes in on 0:15, and does finish until 1:19. Its fairly dominant,  personally I would have changed it altogether to a slightly different sound or change it half way though. The same part/loop starts at 1:35 again.

Not that I do not see your point, but for some reason I find kind of a melodic and meditative experience in familiar and comforting reoccurring sounds.  Maybe why I loved Bibio's "Vignetting the Compost" so much.  I created every sound in this and constantly twerked it and re-imagined it slightly.  

So while you may have been expecting a big change in sounds, chord or percussive structure-- I prefer it how it is for this reason.

I do appreciate the listen though!

i agree with hardwired - the vocals could do with standing out more in the mix and that synth could be a little lower. your voice is good, let it come through a little more.

This is really the first track where my voice is featured so heavily.  So maybe I was a bit afraid to make it a larger part of the mix.  Thank you for your comments though!

I like the ideas in this but it sounds a little bass heavy, kinda muddy, like everything has a filter on it. Try experimenting with pitching up your vocals up an octave or a 5th. 

Shits gonna be muddy no matter what.  I'm not a great mixer and working with some shitty equipment.  And I just don't care, lol.  

I always pitch vocals, but did not want to for this song.  I just wanted my straight voice in it.

Appreciate the listen though, and the feedback.

i love the repetition and muddy lo fi sound :) the vocals just seem a little out of tune or too tentative to me. sounds like you're singing as quietly as possible, like in your bedroom so the person in the other room can't hear you. 

i love the repetition and muddy lo fi sound :) the vocals just seem a little out of tune or too tentative to me. sounds like you're singing as quietly as possible, like in your bedroom so the person in the other room can't hear you. 

LOL.  This is actually true, always sing quietly so my wife doesn't hear me.  Damn thin apartment walls.

Archived