IGNORED

Guess what's on the new Aphex Twin record

YangYing

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was pumped for 0PN but it was unlistenable without earplugs, had to walk away.

Ah, right on. Seemed like audio on the blue stage was pretty difficult to control, being surrounded by so much concrete. It was all bass towards the back of the room.

Yeah dude I noped out after 15 minutes or so because of no earplugs. All G.O.D. stuff which was fine (dug the nightmareish Xavier Renegade Angel imagery too) but fucking shit it was loud on the hi freqs - really fucking brutal. 

Tobacco was fun too but that same stage (blue stage) had sound problems during his set. I was on the right but apparently speakers blew on the other side. His stuff is pretty distorted anyway but the sound guy overdid it. I have no idea if that's why 0PN was so loud but his shit seemed pretty harsh and noisy regardless.

I can attest RDJ's set was the highlight of the weekend.

I was just behind the soundbooth for TOBACCO and the sound got worse and worse. Any kind of clap would crackle the speakers. I saw the sound people make a half ass attempt at changing the EQ to make it better near the end, it was laughable. They couldn't have seemed more unconcerned. The uninitiated people i was with weren't sure if it was intentional or not, but as a huge fan it was really distracting. I wonder if that Herman guys earthquake songs blew out a speaker, or if his set was suffering from the same problem. 

I was just behind the soundbooth for TOBACCO and the sound got worse and worse. Any kind of clap would crackle the speakers. I saw the sound people make a half ass attempt at changing the EQ to make it better near the end, it was laughable. They couldn't have seemed more unconcerned. The uninitiated people i was with weren't sure if it was intentional or not, but as a huge fan it was really distracting. I wonder if that Herman guys earthquake songs blew out a speaker, or if his set was suffering from the same problem.

Herman sounded tite, I didn't notice the blue stage speakers futzing out until later in the day. He was brutally loud though, so that mighta done it. Matmos didn't have any pops but I definitely noticed it during Liars.

Was pumped for 0PN but it was unlistenable without earplugs, had to walk away.

Ah, right on. Seemed like audio on the blue stage was pretty difficult to control, being surrounded by so much concrete. It was all bass towards the back of the room.

Yeah dude I noped out after 15 minutes or so because of no earplugs. All G.O.D. stuff which was fine (dug the nightmareish Xavier Renegade Angel imagery too) but fucking shit it was loud on the hi freqs - really fucking brutal. 

Tobacco was fun too but that same stage (blue stage) had sound problems during his set. I was on the right but apparently speakers blew on the other side. His stuff is pretty distorted anyway but the sound guy overdid it. I have no idea if that's why 0PN was so loud but his shit seemed pretty harsh and noisy regardless.

I can attest RDJ's set was the highlight of the weekend.

Anything that was on the blue stage suffered from horrible soundboard management - I spoke to Scott (Tycho) after he performed, and he asked how it sounded and I honestly told him there was too much bass and distortion, and the highs were getting drowned out. He wasn't too happy (understandably).

The 0PN stuff was ear-splittingly loud, and the distortion didn't help either.

Archived